Turkeys

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Nothing brings these beggers out faster than a few snow flurries..

Attachments

• Turkey3.JPG
    Turkey3.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,735
  • Turkey2.JPG
    Turkey2.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,696
  • Turkey1.JPG
    Turkey1.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,750

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They're around my place all year. Their route between the 2 hills pretty much passes through my yard.
What's your dogs reaction when seeing them. Mine goes nuts and tries to catch them. I do have to wonder how it would go if she really did catch one...

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
What's your dogs reaction when seeing them.
We trained Shep not to chase other animals, so he just sits quietly and watches. Rex, well he's a different story all together. We will go back to training as soon as we get my foot out of his a$$.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Didn't see these guy's until I scanned the area with FLIR. It's cold as all get out today so they looked like big red birds in the tree! Tried to zoom in on them with my (regular) camera but it's not the best camera in the world.

11-19-12%2520007.jpg

11-19-12%2520005.jpg

11-19-12%2520002.jpg

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
This buck was out in front of the house this morning. He was all sweated up from chasing the girls and getting shot at. These 23 turkeys have been hanging up here since deer season started on Saturday. They love to get grit in the driveway and drink out of the water hole in the pasture now that the cows are gone.

Attachments

• Buck and turkeys 005.jpg
    Buck and turkeys 005.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,652
  • Buck and turkeys 007.jpg
    Buck and turkeys 007.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,687
  • Buck and turkeys 009.jpg
    Buck and turkeys 009.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,688

Kanook

Photo taken from our family room window...the other 20 turkeys are out of camera view finder...turkey poop everywhere.

Attachments

• deer and turkeys.JPG
    deer and turkeys.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 2,658