CheyennePaints Ranch

Bindian

Okay guys,
I went out in the 34 degree dizzle this morning and took these photos. :letitsnow: It has been raining off and on for about a week. We have all of the moisture Mobilus needs.:pat:
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 1-23-08 Booger on squirrel alert.jpg
    1-23-08 Booger on squirrel alert.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 2,997
  • 1-23-08 View of trailer from homesite.jpg
    1-23-08 View of trailer from homesite.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 2,977
  • 1-23-08 View of ditch. Pondsite on far side.jpg
    1-23-08 View of ditch. Pondsite on far side.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 2,904
  • 1-23-08 View from deck across gully at homesite.jpg
    1-23-08 View from deck across gully at homesite.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 3,018
  • 1-23-08 View from barn across ditch & gully at homesite.jpg
    1-23-08 View from barn across ditch & gully at homesite.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 3,204
  • 1-23-08 View across pond site at trailer and barn.jpg
    1-23-08 View across pond site at trailer and barn.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 2,969
  • 1-23-08 barn bracketed by two cedar trees resized.jpg
    1-23-08 barn bracketed by two cedar trees resized.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 2,927

PBinWA

Okay guys,
I went out in the 34 degree dizzle this morning and took these photos. :letitsnow: It has been raining off and on for about a week. We have all of the moisture Mobilus needs.:pat:
hugs, Brandi

OK - you said it. No complaining about drought conditions in the summer time or I'm digging up this post and flogging it like a dead horse!

:whistle: :rolleyes: :hide:

Bindian

OK - you said it. No complaining about drought conditions in the summer time or I'm digging up this post and flogging it like a dead horse!

:whistle: :rolleyes: :hide:
Uh PBinWA,
:wtf: I never complain about drought. I need dry weather to put in a pond. My place is so low, I need dry spells just to dig up the stumps in the low areas. We usually have a wet June or July here. But droughts are serious business here in Texas. We have a good one and the price of your beef will go up. I love all types of weather extremes. That is why I live in Texas.
hugs, Brandi

irwin

Hey Brandi, so we have another [mostly] rockless and flat piece of earth here at NTT. :pat:
Looks good even though it's drenched...but I have to wonder what digging, with the BH, in that ground would feel like.:wink:

When I clear an area, I'm moving several of these every hour ..:bangin:

All the best...

mobilus

Very nice place there, Brandi...trees, trees, and water, the makings of many wonderful things to come, right? That's one thing I do miss out here...the trees. You dun guud!:tiphat:

Bindian

Very nice place there, Brandi...trees, trees, and water, the makings of many wonderful things to come, right? That's one thing I do miss out here...the trees. You dun guud!:tiphat:
Mobilus,
I do like your place. It reminds me of the Panhandle where my Dad grew up. When my son was little, and we visited my Uncle on the farm, he could run forever hollering at the train 6 miles off. I like both, the open spaces and the trees.
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Hey Brandi, so we have another [mostly] rockless and flat piece of earth here at NTT. :pat:
Looks good even though it's drenched...but I have to wonder what digging, with the BH, in that ground would feel like.:wink:

When I clear an area, I'm moving several of these every hour ..:bangin:

All the best...
Irwin,
Imagine playing in a big sand box with compacted clay under a topsoil layer of sandy loam.:cool: 'Tis sweet. Around here, people buy rocks and stones for landscaping.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 1-7-08 Gully bank clearing 2 resized.jpg
    1-7-08 Gully bank clearing 2 resized.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 2,907

mobilus

Brandi, I love my Kubota, but that is one nice RED tractor you have there. Especially the backhoe. One day...one day....I'll get one.

What you say about rocks and stones is true! I was amazed when I got here and saw businesses that specialize in selling rocks.

The previous owner of my place had put flat rocks under the eaves at the back of the house...scorpion breeding ground is all it was. Once I removed those rocks, the scorpions were no longer a problem.

Have a great day!

Dougster

Old Member
Irwin, Imagine playing in a big sand box with compacted clay under a topsoil layer of sandy loam.:cool: 'Tis sweet. Around here, people buy rocks and stones for landscaping.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi
Brandi - That is a great shot of the Big Red Beast doin' its thang! :thumb: It also shows (to me anyway) the reach advantage of the 511 over the 509. It ain't much on paper... but it sures makes a difference in a situation like you are showing there. :)

Buying rocks??? :confused: :shock: :wtf: :no: :notthatway: :forgetit: :badidea: That's the craziest thing I've heard since that guy called wanting me to clear his lot of rocks... and he wanted me to pay him for the privilege!!! ;)

Dougster

Bindian

Brandi, I love my Kubota, but that is one nice RED tractor you have there. Especially the backhoe. One day...one day....I'll get one.

What you say about rocks and stones is true! I was amazed when I got here and saw businesses that specialize in selling rocks.

The previous owner of my place had put flat rocks under the eaves at the back of the house...scorpion breeding ground is all it was. Once I removed those rocks, the scorpions were no longer a problem.

Have a great day!
Mobilus,
You can see a few more photos of the Big Red Beast here in my introduction.
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508
It took a few years to get a tractor with a BH.:waiting: I had to pay off my mortgage to afford one. I have always wanted one. If you really want one and need one, buying a BH is the way to go. If you just need one, then renting might work out better. The Bradco 511 and a 12 & 24 inch bucket cost $10,325 a year ago and I think they are worth every penny of it. Especially since I got a hydraulic PHD that mounts on it too.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, It is true.:pat: Large flat rocks make a really neat "redneck" patio. Some companies specialize in just selling large flat stones in different colors and all.
hugs, Brandi
Unfortunately, most of the rocks I did up are kinda big and roundish. :eek:

So much for making my fortune hauling rocks down to the Lone Star state. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Bindian

Unfortunately, most of the rocks I did up are kinda big and roundish. :eek:

So much for making my fortune hauling rocks down to the Lone Star state. :rolleyes:

Dougster
Dougster,
They use large round ones for landscaping also. But more of the flat stuff as it is in walks also. There might be a market in it. You would have to check it out. Let me know if you want my help in checking it out.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, They use large round ones for landscaping also. But more of the flat stuff as it is in walks also. There might be a market in it. You would have to check it out. Let me know if you want my help in checking it out.
hugs, Brandi
I've gotta believe there are a whole lotta rocks sittin' somewhere between the Moonbat state and the Lone Star state such that hauling them down from here would be grossly uneconomic. :(

I think I better stick to buying lottery tickets to hopefully someday make my fortune. :eek:

Dougster

I've seen rocks go for $1 a pound plus shipping and setting in place. I once worked on a place where the owner payed to landscape 4 houses (8 total) each side of his house. We are talking 200 ton crane to set full size trees and boulders.:eek: So yes there is a call for rocks.

Dougster

Old Member
I've seen rocks go for $1 a pound plus shipping and setting in place. I once worked on a place where the owner payed to landscape 4 houses (8 total) each side of his house. We are talking 200 ton crane to set full size trees and boulders.:eek: So yes there is a call for rocks.
God Almighty Brian, I could be a rich man!!! :thumb: :mrgreen:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
One mans trash is another mans treasure. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.:wink: I'm still looking.
That's the problem Brian. :eek: I was always in the right place at the wrong time or the wrong place at the right time. :rolleyes:

It's the story of my life. :(

Dougster

irwin

Maybe you can make some money Doug, lets start a partnership " Stoning the Rockless inc."

I've been wondering that for a couple years. The big question will it be worth the time and investment?
I'm sure there's a full trailer truck load sitting in piles around my place, not counting the stonewalls (they stay) I don't think of the stones as special so I haven't got loads of pictures...... If we invest in the truck lease/rental, you and I could load it up here...and using the wide web we can find those rich, rock poor folks.