cracked casement model 1635

sugar ray

I have a 2012 MF 1635. I was clearing brush when a major hydraulic leak occurred. I left it where it was and called the dealer. Turns out the casing is cracked. I was clearing light brush, but the dealer is saying it was caused by hitting something not a defectin manufacturing. Has anyone else experienced this or know of someone who has?:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's a tough one. Did he rush to this judgement call? Is there a mark where the casement was hit? There must be for him to say that.

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Once they get into it ..they may find out that it is a thin casement.....it happens in sand castings every now and then....and skiped through quality control.......it will have to be torn down first to get an answer......hand in there and work with the dealer and it just might turn out in your favor....Good luck.....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And if the dealer isn't playing nice, make sure (preferably in writing) that any part removed from your tractor will be saved and returned to you. You'll need those if you want to take it up the chain.

massey1635

You say the casing is cracked. What casing and were is it located? A picture would be great. I have a 2009 1635. That is why I would like to know what to look for and any potential week spots. Good luck.

sugar ray

I dont have pictures, however, if youre seated on the tractor, it's the right side. It's the large casing located between the two rear wheels. On the lower right hand side there is a rounded portion maybe 3" long. It's there that it cracked. The dealer is installing a skid plate after repairs are made and are recommending to the manufacturer that they install skid plates at time of manufacture.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good. Glad to hear they are taking care of the issue without giving you a hard time or charging you an arm and a leg. :clap: :clap: :clap:

massey1635

Is the skid plate a factory item or is it something they are are making up to fit? I hope they are doing it under warranty.