Peanut's Stick Stoppers

David69

yes there is a really good chance that the stock bota ones will break off. i broke my plastic ones on my rhino with one hit of a stick. the bota ones are also very small and only cover just a little bit of the out boot and no coverage for the inner boot . mine cover the out and inner boots that way nuthing should make it's way to the boot and there is really no way to bend them. i'm in the process of changeing the design again that way it will give a bit more protection when backing up . the changes should be made to the next sets i cut out.i still have 4 sets of them boxed up and ready to go out .i had some free time and took advantage of the nice weather to kinda get ahead of myself that way you get them sooner .i'm still waiting for someone with a rtv500 to make me some templets of the a-arms on it that way i can get to making them for the 500 also. some people just opt out of installing the bottom plate and they just mount the front plate and thats fine if you never run ofer stumps or rocks. the bottom plate if installed will take the hit rather than the a-arm taking the brunt of the impact. if you ever do hit something hard enough to bend mine just ship them back to be and i'll fix them for free just cover shipping . not that i think they would ever break but you know how it goes anything man made can fail . even the best welder in the world can have failures.there are only 4 top welders in the country that i know of and at christmas time i get post cards from the other 3.lmao (that was a joke )lmao. i'm in here to make stuff that last and make it cheap enough for it to be affordable . if i was to charge the going rate for a wellder it would be 75.00 an hour plus materials and gas and electricity and buffing pads and other things i use to make them that would run the price way up between the cutting wheels buffying pads oxygen/acetelyne and the eletricity steel plate and fuel to go get the plate i end up working for 2 or 3 dollars an hour to make these things. i don't complain because to me it's just a hobby and the wife says i can make all the stuff i want just as long as it doesn't cost me anything in the end. when people contact me in other forums i tell them they have to come to this forum to get them i don't deal with anyone else other than members from this forum. i have been told to just make a bunch of sets and put them on ebay but i refuse to do that because then they wouldn't be coming in here and seeing what all this site has to offer so i stay in here and thats all.i do not own an rtv and never had i work with members to get measurements to make what they need.i'm here for you guys and plus this is a familly place we are like familly nobody argues or rags out other guys and gals it's just down right friendly.

Peanut, How do I order these? I will need these in my timber patch. Thanks

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Try sending him a pm. My stick stoppers are still great even after 2400 hrs of sticks ,corn stalks, cotton stalks etc... I only used the vertical part on mine so I could clean out the manure easier. collie

David69

Thanks Collie,

After changing the 2 outer CV boots 2 weeks ago the thought of doing that again so soon would be a bummer. I am thinning out my timber and there are beau coup fallen limbs and such that I am driving over. Just the other day I was pulling out sticks that got stuck in the under carriage. I am glad I found this solution.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
David, In that case , with so many limbs, I would also look intently at that hole underneath the radiator. newer models have a deflector there. I have a picture of it in an August or September 2011 thread about the differences between my 2005 and 2011 RTV 900.

David69

David, In that case , with so many limbs, I would also look intently at that hole underneath the radiator. newer models have a deflector there. I have a picture of it in an August or September 2011 thread about the differences between my 2005 and 2011 RTV 900.

Again GOOD info...Thanks Collie. I'll see if I can find it. My 2005 RTV was used at a cemetery where they had lawns and level grounds. It had turf tires on it. Do you have that link?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm tied up working on the bed rails right now and tomorrow I have to go to water survival class for 8 hours and then Tuesday I'm catching a boat to the derrick barge. going out and install a production platform I can be out there anywhere's from 2 weeks to a month. in the summertime the weather is good out there but in the winter time it gets a bit rough. I will start a set for you as soon as I can but if for some reason you guys don't hear from me i'll be riding the seas.lol I was hopeing to have the rails done but it looks like I might just be avle to get them primed.

David69

I'm tied up working on the bed rails right now and tomorrow I have to go to water survival class for 8 hours and then Tuesday I'm catching a boat to the derrick barge. going out and install a production platform I can be out there anywhere's from 2 weeks to a month. in the summertime the weather is good out there but in the winter time it gets a bit rough. I will start a set for you as soon as I can but if for some reason you guys don't hear from me i'll be riding the seas.lol I was hopeing to have the rails done but it looks like I might just be avle to get them primed.

As soon as you have time. I'll be waiting..Thank you.. Stay safe!

tlk

the stick stoppers are quality made - only suggestion I have if you use them is to make sure after you go through mud to get the mud off the inside of them. If the mud hardens and there are any rocks or pebbles in it then it can tear your rubber boots

ovrszd

the stick stoppers are quality made - only suggestion I have if you use them is to make sure after you go through mud to get the mud off the inside of them. If the mud hardens and there are any rocks or pebbles in it then it can tear your rubber boots

Yep, struggle with that problem on well built skids on our Buggies. If they work well, they also tend to fill up. :)

jachoghead

There boxed up and ready to go .let me know how you like them and also let me know how they fit up too.I changed the bolt pattern so that way they will fit any year model.

hey peanut I saw your post on the form about your stick stoppers and was wondering if you still made them I have a 2013 x1100c would love to have you make me some
jeff carwell
919-669-1857

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yea the stickstoppers won't fit the new dual a arm design.when I get some time I'll tackle it an try to get some made.been living at Port fouchon for 3 weeks now doin some work on a drill ship.really nice ship it's called through fugro synergy .

I don't think peanut ever got an X series to make a pattern for stick stoppers. Maybe he will check in.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Peanut! Don't do business with Johnston county!!! Just kidding that's cool we lived on rock service station rd for many years awesome area! Welcome to the forum... Raleigh is coming for you guys too but they can't take "mule days" from you!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i did get a pattern but never got any free time to build any.i cant even remember where i put the patterns. i'v been working 7 days a week for the past 6 months if not more.i work for 4 diferent companies so when one dont have work the others are calling.