wanted: tractor

ncfirefighter46

I am in the market for a tractor after my tc 30 was stolen with only 140 hours. I have limited funds, so I am looking for a tractor that I can use a 6 foot dragbox 6 foot 3point mower and a 5 to a 6 foot bush hog. of course it needs to have a 3 point hitch and pto. it does not have to look pretty just needs to work, also if anyone wants a nice lift ford 4x4 wants to trade some that will work too.

i am in north carolina.
john

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT John. Man, I'm very sorry to hear of your stolen tractor. :( That just ain't right. I hate thieves.

From the implements you have sounds like they were sized for your 30hp New Holland. I do believe you will need another 30 HP tractor or bigger to utilized those implements. You know what the new ones cost from buying your NH, but your limited funds to me means used. Depending on the work you have to do, and what tractors you find available ... you might get a tractor bigger or smaller than the NH and sell or trade the implements for ones to properly fit the tractor you are getting.
If at all possible I'd sell your truck so you are dealing with a cash transaction on the tractor. You'll have more options that way. The few folks you find who might trade could be motivated in the wrong way, and since your options are not as wide open when trading I'm afraid it's more possible to get a bad deal. All based on personal experience and this might not be the case for you.
Also check out www.traderonline.com they list tractors for sale in one section of their website. You'll get an idea of what's available for what price. www.craigslist.com also might help you find the tractor you are looking for.
Good luck and keep up posted.
We have another fire fighter or two on board here. Welcome to the club! Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum, John.

Really sorry to hear about your tractor. Thieves are the lowest of the low.

I've seen some good deals on craigs list (also some scams :eek: so be careful)

You might look at new too. Kubota has the 0% financing deal again.

Where are you in NC? We are in Northern Va but our retirement home will be just a few miles north of Martinsville.

Jim

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome John,
Sorry to hear about the stolen tractor. Depending on the funds, you might also want to look at a Yanmar Grey Market tractor. I used 5' equipment on my 2WD 20HP Yanmar without loader. I see some prices around $6000 for a 26HP 4WD Powershift with ROPS no loader or $7000 for a 2WD 26HP Powershift, ROPS, loader and around $8500 for the 26HP Powershift 4WD with loader.