2016 x1100c what’s it worth

zenchal26

Looking at a 2016 1100c with k connect and 66” blower has 1000hrs 1500miles on it. Their bottom dollar is 18000. Is this a good price? Any known problems with this year rtv and blower setup?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
assuming it is in good overall condition i would say with those accessories that is a fair price. just my opinion

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
look at the hours and the miles. in order for that to work out it means that it had to travel 1.5 mph. i would bet it spent most of it's time idling. take it out and ream on it at full rpm and top speed in both ranges,really warm it up and watch the exhaust for blue smoke. my X1100c has about 400 hours and over 3000 miles on it and most at full rpm. if it smokes blue all that means is it is wet stacked and needs to be worked.

zenchal26

So by saying it needs to be worked you mean it needs to be driven around and put it through its paces and it should come out of it? They used it on a horse farm and I was assuming the high hours and low miles was due to the snowblower.

zenchal26

Or maybe they didn’t see the decimal and it really has 98.9 hrs not 989. Whishfull thinking but one never knows

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i wouldn't consider it as high hours. just an indicator of use. you could be right and the machine spent more time on the blower at high rpm. i would consider that a good thing. maybe the condition of the blower would tell the story.

zenchal26

Looked at the rtv yesterday. They said lots of idle time. No smoke when mashed on the pedal so I think it’s all right. Was mostly used to move horse manure around, gonna take awhile to get the smell out lol

Last edited:

zenchal26

Machines pretty dirty (hay and crap in every crevas) and a a little wet underneath looks like either hyd fluid or trans hard to tell being so dirty but everything seemed fine. Started right up cold no hesitation

zenchal26

Did the 2016 come with full length skid plates? Plates were removed for the k connect, I asked if they had the skid plates and they brought out two small pieces maybe like 12”x12” that we’re removed when it was put on. Just wondering if the full skid plates came later if it’s actually missing

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
mine has skid plates. although they are very flimsy and get bent pretty easy they may actually just hold more crud in than protect things. i wouldn't worry about the idle time but i would confirm there isn't rust under the manure. and look under the floor mats to make sure the cab floor is isn't rusted through. there could be a hose leaking oil under or in front of the tranny. mine developed a leak on the power steering return line but all it took was a hose clamp to fix. take it out and run it in full throttle in either low or high until the cooling fans come on and look at the temp indicator on the dash. mine runs two bars in cold weather and the fans kick on with three bars and cools back until two bars in hot 110 degree heat. when i run the air conditioner the front fan runs all the time and the machine runs two bars almost constantly. also there was a recall on the rear hubs,check to see if it was done.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
well it is kinda hard to say because the oil would drip down and around and soak through then finally drip off the skid plate and onto the ground. yes it was a little on the passenger side but pretty much center. i repaired the leak by taking out the drivers side seat and the cargo box lifted out from under the seats. i could reach through from above and install a new hose clamp. took about 15 min to fix. have you looked under the seat tray? at the oil cooler???

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if you tilt the seats forward there is a plastic tool tray that lifts out and under that is an access cover that also lifts out. easy peasy and then you can see the power steering,the oil cooler and hoses and stuff. you can inspect the stuff above the skid plates and frame for rust,oil leaks radiator hoses and all kinds of stuff. you can see the engine front and timing cover seal and on and on. hope this helps

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I think you can get a brand new one for 18-19k so how bad do you need the blower? I don’t know how much snow you get but The rtv does great with a plow.