I Am Here Too!!!

I am not sure what to think... I show up and a ruckus breaks out... at this rate Dougster will get booted if all his invites lead to shenanagins like this.:mrgreen:

NAW, Dougster is safe here. This place is slowly but surely becoming home for a lot of the internets STRANGE people. What BETTER place could you think of for the ol' boy?:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
I am not sure what to think... I show up and a ruckus breaks out... at this rate Dougster will get booted if all his invites lead to shenanagins like this.:mrgreen:
NAW, Dougster is safe here. This place is slowly but surely becoming home for a lot of the internets STRANGE people. What BETTER place could you think of for the ol' boy?:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:
This was (apparently) a nice, quiet and reasonably normal place before Larry invited me over here. Now I'm sure that Doc is wondering what the heck happened to his website in one short month! :shitHitsFan: :shock:

Blame Larry Doc!!! Going back to square one... He's the one that's really responsible!!! :hide: :hide2:

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Blame Larry??? :eek: Heck no, I'll have to give him some more rep points. I have to say it was rather quiet here until you guys got in here. You all have helped a whole lot IMHO. :thumb: We now have an active forum, where we share tractor tidbits, and we have fun while we're doing it. Can't beat that. :thumb: :D

Thanks to you all. Cheers! :beer:
ps. Get your free starbucks coupons from Dougster as I'm fresh out. :D :poke:

This was (apparently) a nice, quiet and reasonably normal place before Larry invited me over here. Now I'm sure that Doc is wondering what the heck happened to his website in one short month! :shitHitsFan: :shock:

Blame Larry Doc!!! Going back to square one... He's the one that's really responsible!!! :hide: :hide2:

Dougster

People, this is what happens with a population explosion.:hide: 300 members, I can hardly wait to see what is next.:waiting:

Dougster

Old Member
Doug, are you handing out the $15 or the $50 gift certificates?:rolleyes:
OhMyGawd!!! :eek:

You should have seen me at the doctor's office yesterday... paying my $15.00 "co-pay" with singles and coins from my piggy-bank!!! :rolleyes:

Starbucks is WAY off the radar screen for this "early-retired", snowplow-driving old fool. :eek:

Dougster

OhMyGawd!!! :eek:

You should have seen me at the doctor's office yesterday... paying my $15.00 "co-pay" with singles and coins from my piggy-bank!!! :rolleyes:

Starbucks is WAY off the radar screen for this "early-retired", snowplow-driving old fool. :eek:

Dougster

A pocket full o singles?!?!?!?:whistle:

Why, Dougster ya'ol devil you!:thumb: We never knew you doubled as a Chipindale dancer at night:5boobs: :applause: :brows: :yum: :yum:

NO PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!

Uh... Ya might wanna wait a minute a'fore ya start claimin' any decisive victories there sparky:waiting: Jus cause ya cain't see us don't mean we ain't there. Us hillfolk been dealin' with the invasion of the Yankee hoard long a'fore y'all came along:bash: :fight: :fight: :moon3: :boxing:

We got more'n one YANKEY 'r Revenu-er buried back in the holler. One more ain't gonna make no diff'rence no how. :whistle:

The variable definition of a Yankee...
Outside the US, a Yankee is someone from the US.
In the US, a Yankee is someone from the North.
In the North, a Yankee is someone from New England.
In New England, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast... with a fork.

Dougster

Old Member
The variable definition of a Yankee...
Outside the US, a Yankee is someone from the US.
In the US, a Yankee is someone from the North.
In the North, a Yankee is someone from New England.
In New England, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast... with a fork.
Working, as I did, on many occasions and many jobs in Mexico, Central America and the Dominican Republic, I was never the "Yankee"... I was always the "Gringo"!!! :) I couldn't understand any other words they were saying, but I always knew when the conversation involved moi! :D

Dougster

jbrumberg

Yankees refer to me and my bretheran in the hilltowns of the western hills of Taxachusetts as "Hill Apes" :mrgreen:, and there might be a few Yankee Revenuers :moon3: buried in the back woods around here too;) . When I worked in Costa Rica I was called "El Gato Gordo", "El Cafe' Junkee", or "El Loco Hombre/Cabellero", but never a "Gringo" :thumb: . Jay

Dougster

Old Member
Yankees refer to me and my bretheran in the hilltowns of the western hills of Taxachusetts as "Hill Apes" :mrgreen:, and there might be a few Yankee Revenuers :moon3: buried in the back woods around here too;) . When I worked in Costa Rica I was called "El Gato Gordo", "El Cafe' Junkee", or "El Loco Hombre/Cabellero", but never a "Gringo" :thumb: . Jay
Isn't that funny! :) In Mexico, they also had another nickname for me... which loosely translates back into English as "The Frito Bandito" or "The Magnificent Bandit" or "The Great Bandit"... I forget which. It was all a play on my surname when translated into Spanish... which they thought was hilarious... and it stuck. ;)

Dougster

Bindian

Isn't that funny! :) In Mexico, they also had another nickname for me... which loosely translates back into English as "The Frito Bandito" or "The Magnificent Bandit" or "The Great Bandit"... I forget which. It was all a play on my surname when translated into Spanish... which they thought was hilarious... and it stuck. ;)

Dougster
I was called a Gringo also in Mexico. I was in Thailand once and ran into some other tourists. I asked them...............Where y'all from? The teenage daughter replied................Oh, a Texan, I love Texas.:respect: They were from England.
Enough said.
hugs, Brandi

jbrumberg

The one thing I have learned when outside the USA is to smile :mrgreen: and learn the local words for please and especially thank you. I will never become one of those ugly americans :mad2: who think that if you yell in english loud enough :badidea: the locals will understand you. Jay

Bindian

The one thing I have learned when outside the USA is to smile :mrgreen: and learn the local words for please and especially thank you. I will never become one of those ugly americans :mad2: who think that if you yell in english loud enough :badidea: the locals will understand you. Jay
Jay,
I agreed completely. I also correct them that I am a Texan, not a Yankee, while smiling REAL BIG.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:

LS248

Just want to thank the Dougster and let everyone here know that he helped me immensely on the "other" website with purchase of the right PTO shaft. Am recovering from knee surgery and ready to go to back to work, so I don't know how much time I will have to contribute here, but wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday. Am sad that gun season is over at 4:30 today in NH, but looking forward to one more week of muzzleloading in NY.

Dennis

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aboard!

What are you doing on your computer if today is the last day??? :badidea:

Jim