just signed up last nite

my name is lou i live in ri i bought my first yanmar(ym135)from my cousin about 6mos ago been tinkering and learning ever since.the tractor is just that ,a tractor,working on a fel for it i do some small landscpe side jobs ,gonna be better than the wheel barrow i use now:thumb: built a 3ph cherry picker thing? to move some heavier logs and stuff around my next project is a grader blade and scarifier.i love my welder and torchs.havin a little trouble with hydraulic tap thou,hope you can help.tried to find help at the "other site"to no avail.oh well i babling now good to be here everyone seems real friendly.post to ya soon:mrgreen:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT Lou. I'm glad you found us ( & thanks to whoever helped you find us! :tiphat: )

We have quite a few Yanmar owners here so hopefully we can provide any help you might need.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
thanks doc!!im not even really sure how i found the site,just kinda stumbled across it glad i did thou

Well I'm glad you found us also. Since you mentioned the 'other site' I assumed you were talking of TBN. Many of our members are members over there also and some have migrated this way, and I'm glad they did. :D :beer: I thought one of them might have given you a heads up.

Dougster

Old Member
thanks doc!!im not even really sure how i found the site,just kinda stumbled across it glad i did thou
Welcome Lou! :) Always good to have another New Englander on board! :thumb: Especially one with a welder!!! ;)

What part of Rhode Island are you from? I am right across your Northern border in Southeastern MA and visit your fine state quite often. I've always said that I was born a Rhode Islander at heart and used to keep a sailboat slipped down in Warwick Cove... sailing the upper Bay and beyond... for many years. But alas... my sailing days are over and my focus has turned to Southern New Hampshire as the place I can best hope to live out my retired days without going crazy or broke! :rolleyes:

Dougster

xPosTech

:wave:

Glad to have you aboard Lou. Rhode Island, huh? Well, you're on the right coast...heh. Watch out for the Dougster, he'll try to trick you into drinking some Starbux.:yuk:

Hey Doug I learned to sail on a little 8' centerboard aptly called a Flipper.:ohmy: :yum: :yum: If I remember correctly (not very often) it was a little shorter and wider than a Sunfish. Sometimes the Willamette river in Portland could be a little unforgiving.

You'll like it here, Lou. Just remember: :nopics:

Ted

Mark777

Welcome Lou!

As we speak, the staff are thinking of moving your original post into a new thread so many of our savvy members with hydraulics experience can share their ideas with your problem. Better exposure, more eyes and opinions and maybe we can help lick your problem.

Mark

*****EDIT***** Your thread has been moved to the Yanmar forum titled "Hydraulic Block Devider".

Mith

Welcome to NTT Lou!
You are going to love the FEL, I'm a recent convert, much much much better than a wheelbarrow! :D
Take some pictures if you can....

Cheers

thanks to everyone.what awarm welcome.hey dougster i live in barrington,i fish the entire bay and south coast we live in a beautiful area ilove it on the water anyway save the rest for another forum.trying to figure out how to get the pics posted the file size is to big or somethig like that the wife is the one who knows about the camera gotta get her on it

Dougster

Old Member
thanks to everyone.what awarm welcome.hey dougster i live in barrington,i fish the entire bay and south coast we live in a beautiful area ilove it on the water anyway save the rest for another forum.trying to figure out how to get the pics posted the file size is to big or somethig like that the wife is the one who knows about the camera gotta get her on it
Barrington, heh? :thumb: That's a fabulous area. :) WAY too rich for my wallet... but they do let me drive through there on the way to Warren and parts South! ;)

Shouldn't you be more into fiberglass and marine diesels than welding and tractors??? :yankchain: :poke: :fishing:

Dougster

Bindian

my name is lou i live in ri i bought my first yanmar(ym135)from my cousin about 6mos ago been tinkering and learning ever since.the tractor is just that ,a tractor,working on a fel for it i do some small landscpe side jobs ,gonna be better than the wheel barrow i use now:thumb: built a 3ph cherry picker thing? to move some heavier logs and stuff around my next project is a grader blade and scarifier.i love my welder and torchs.havin a little trouble with hydraulic tap thou,hope you can help.tried to find help at the "other site"to no avail.oh well i babling now good to be here everyone seems real friendly.post to ya soon:mrgreen:

Lou,
Welcome. I suggest you watch that Dougster.:) He'll push snow in your yard and leave mulch in the street in front of your house for a cup of Starbucks.:hide:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Lou,
Welcome. I suggest you watch that Dougster.:) He'll push snow in your yard and leave mulch in the street in front of your house for a cup of Starbucks.:hide:
hugs, Brandi
Oh, that is sooooooo not true! :rolleyes: Just because Starbucks coffee is the official coffee of Dougster Industries International Ltd. - Snowplowing Division... doesn't mean I would do anything for a Starbucks coffee. :notthatway:

Besides, Barrington is too far away to take the plow truck... and the dump trailer is put away in hibernation until spring! ;)

Or in other words, it is sitting out there under about a foot of hard-packed snow! :eek:

Dougster

GreenMtns

Hi Lou

Welcome to NTT. It is a great place to hang with a great bunch of tractor lovers.
All makes, All colors, just tractors here. The way it should be.

Warning

Do not take a cup of STARBUCKS coffee outdoors if a south wind is blowing.
:no:
If the smell goes north it will cause all kinds reactions when it crosses the RI/MA border. Seems to come from an area around 495 South of Boston.

I have heard :ohmy: there is a man who sits in his plow truck with an empty coffee cup waiting for
now ANY snow so he can fill it with S*******S.
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yankchain: :yankchain:

Hi Lou

Welcome to NTT. It is a great place to hang with a great bunch of tractor lovers.

Warning

If the smell goes north it will cause all kinds reactions when it crosses the RI/MA border. Seems to come from an area around 495 South of Boston.

I have heard :ohmy: there is a man who sits in his plow truck with an empty coffee cup waiting for
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yankchain: :yankchain:

Al you are so mean, but 100% correct.:yum: :yankchain:

Dougster

Old Member
Hi Lou

Warning

:yum::yum::yum::yankchain:
Et Tu Al??? :eek: Et tu??? :( I expect this from the old Edster 'cause he is jealous of my Mahindra 4110 with its nifty 509 backhoe... but not from a key member of the Vermont Delegation - CAB Tractor Division!!! ;)

Al you are so mean, but 100% correct.:yum: :yankchain:
This is soooooooo exaggerated and sooooooo not true. You are giving Lou the wrong impression. I can't even afford to drive my 5 MPG plow truck to the mailbox... let alone to Barrington, Rhode Island for a cup of coffee... even if it were Starbucks!!! :rolleyes:

Dougster