Murphy Jim

Here is a picture of the tractor right after the barn was built.:wink:

Attachments

• Buildings & fence 010.jpg
    Buildings & fence 010.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 301

jbrumberg

Nice :thumb:!

I am jealous :tiphat: . The skin will be worn off my forehead/nose, elbows/forearms, and knees from all the kowtowing and grovelling I would have to perform for SWMBO to pull off a barn like that :eek: as well as even more :hangingclothes: :eek: :eek: . Got any extra first aid materials you could spare :rolleyes: . Jay :letitsnow: and :snow:

newt92

Nice setup there Jim! Everything I see is great until I seen whats hooked to the horse trailer:pat: .Just kiddin!!:hide: :yum: :hide:

M

Murphy Jim

Not mine !

That's the wife's barn, truck & trailer. I drive a Chev. dually. Just to make ya feel better, here's a picture of the John Deere, (all dirty) ! :eek:

Attachments

• 100_1188.jpg
    100_1188.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 348

newt92

Yea that makes me feel better, I am a GM man but drive 2 ford trucks and have a Mercury Grand Marquis, but no Dodges! Please don't tell the wife about the Dodge thing!:shitHitsFan:

Bindian

Nice setup there Jim! Everything I see is great until I seen whats hooked to the horse trailer:pat: .Just kiddin!!:hide: :yum: :hide:
Hey Newt92,
The only thing wrong with that horse pulling rig is that it is not RED.:yum::yum::yum::yum: I do love that country. I guess the reason I have not vacationed up there is that I am afraid I won't come home.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

M

Murphy Jim

Red Rig

Here is my horse pulling rig, the other is the wife's.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 100_1189.jpg
    100_1189.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 281

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Newt92,
The only thing wrong with that horse pulling rig is that it is not RED.

Jim, your truck colors are just fine. SOME folks here are fixated on Mahindra RED for some reason :pat:

I don't pay much attention to color but if I had to pick I would take something closer to Kubota Orange :yankchain:

Bindian

Jim, your truck colors are just fine. SOME folks here are fixated on Mahindra RED for some reason :pat:

I don't pay much attention to color but if I had to pick I would take something closer to Kubota Orange :yankchain:

Jim Murphy,:tiphat:
I love the Christmas colors.:thumb: But lose the beige color on the trailer.:gay::yum::yum::yum:
Jim Slagle,
Before I was a Mahindra girl, I was a MF girl. So the red is in my blood.:D Half of which came from the RED River of Texas:respect:. It ain't only a Mahindra RED thang'.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

M

Murphy Jim

Colors

I like all of the brands of tractors and the colors. Big and small. Tractors are just cool:cool: ! I've been known to hang out at the Kioti dealer and drink sodas. It's a friendly place to be. I couldn't afford them all so I ended up with green:wink: !

Bindian

I like all of the brands of tractors and the colors. Big and small. Tractors are just cool:cool: ! I've been known to hang out at the Kioti dealer and drink sodas. It's a friendly place to be. I couldn't afford them all so I ended up with green:wink: !
Jim,:wave:
Yes, all tractors are cool. But they are totally awesome if you are getting seat time. When I was little I would follow the neigbhors Farmall Cub as he plowed his corn patch. Nothing beats the smell of fresh turned soil except fresh cut hay, fresh cut yellow pine, freshly split red oak, and jet fuel in the morning!:smile: However, I am into nostalgia and I am a hopeless romantic. I like vintage green.;)
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• John Deere D.jpg
    John Deere D.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 259
N

Nicahawk

Yes, all tractors are cool. But they are totally awesome if you are getting seat time. When I was little I would follow the neigbhors Farmall Cub as he plowed his corn patch. Nothing beats the smell of fresh turned soil except fresh cut hay, fresh cut yellow pine, freshly split red oak, and jet fuel in the morning!:smile: However, I am into nostalgia and I am a hopeless romantic. I like vintage green.;)
hugs, Brandi
Brandi, does that tractor belong to a member of your family? It's a keeper for sure. Thanks for sharing, it brought back childhood memories. I remember when I was about five or six my dad had one similar to that one. I have no idea what year or model. It had a hand clutch on the right side you pushed forward to engage and pulled back to disengage. Sometimes he would stop and open a gate and let me "drive" it thru. I thought I was big stuff! Fond memories from almost 60 years ago.

Last edited:

Bindian

Brandi, does that tractor belong to a member of your family? It's a keeper for sure. Thanks for sharing, it brought back childhood memories. I remember when I was about five or six my dad had one similar to that one. I have no idea what year or model. It had a hand clutch on the right side you pushed forward to engage and pulled back to disengage. Sometimes he would stop and open a gate and let me "drive" it thru. I thought I was big stuff! Fond memories from almost 60 years ago.
My Grandpa had one like it.:cool: I want to find one and restore it someday. Grandpa had a farm up in the Texas Panhandle. He had 580 acres and also had a Massey Harris of the same size and vintage. He had other tractors thru the years, but the JD was his "main" tractor and the one that we got rides on because of the large platforms between the fenders. My uncle bought the farm in 1972 after Grandpa died and grew wheat and alfalfa. Put in a irrigation well and bought a (I think)....4630 JD with dual rear wheels. He also had two older JD combines. One sat on blocks and was used for parts.
Loving the wide open spaces of the Panhandle is why I think I would love Idado and Montana.
hugs, Brandi

hugs, Brandi

M

Murphy Jim

Trailer

Hi Bindian

So what's so gay about a tan trailer ?:mad2: :boxing: It has served me well without fail. For some reason I chose tan because everybody had black or white. If I was going to buy a new one, it would be a black gooseneck. But that's not in the budget at this time. :tiphat:

Bindian

Hi Bindian

So what's so gay about a tan trailer ?:mad2: :boxing: It has served me well without fail. For some reason I chose tan because everybody had black or white. If I was going to buy a new one, it would be a black gooseneck. But that's not in the budget at this time. :tiphat:
:sorry:. When I saw the photo is was late at night and I swear it was beige.:yum::yum::yum::yum::hide:
hugs, Brandi

irwin

I most definitely appreciate the sanity of someone who sees the big picture, I agree a good tool is to be admired for what it is, and what it can do.

By the way howdy Jim, and welcome.:wave:

M

Murphy Jim

Peace !

:starbucks: Hey Bindian, all is forgiven for the sleep deprived !:smile: