Welcome!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
And thank you Doc for creating this Yanmar forum! Mark777 and I have been designated co-moderators.

I'll start by describing my interest in Yanmars. I'm simply a pleased owner. I bought mine 10/2003. After a little tinkering to correct the neglected shape I found it in, it has run like new with just ordinary maintenance. It's a YM240, an American-version Yanmar, sold here when Yanmar-USA had dealers here just before Deere contracted Yanmar to build tractors for them. I described it in more (longwinded :) ) detail over in these threads:
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1392#post1392
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1383#post1383
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1407#post1407

My interest is toward what this machine can do for me, so most of my photos illustrate my projects rather than show off the tractor. Frankly, this one is not much to look at after being stored outdoors for most of it's 25+ years.

This latest photo shows my first use of a backhoe I bought a couple of weeks ago. I'm starting to remove a stump in the orchard. This thing, well actually both the Yanmar and the backhoe, are great toys!

P1120040rDigStumpPE800.jpg

Tell us about your own Yanmar adventures! We're hoping this forum will grow to become a significant resource for Yanmar owners, and for anyone considering buying one.

Last edited:

Mark777

I would like to add, and thanks to Doc, I will be riding shotgun with California.

I have a few years and lots of fun importing, buying and selling Yanmar tractors in the 20+ HP range. Although I do it on a very limited basis anymore, I have amassed lots of information with many of the YM series, 4WD models, loaders and other implements.

I am here to share this information, help any perspective gray market tractor buyer and assist with current owners when ever possible. For anyone having questions about buying, maintaining and trouble shooting I feel extremely confident that the answers are here, or forthcoming from our numerous contacts in the gray market industry.

I'd like to finish by saying that if you own a gray market tractor that isn't a Yanmar, and feel a little abandoned feel free to ask questions...and even though WE may not be able to answer or suggest the correct procedures, WE can assist you with parts, suppliers and dealers contact information specialized with your model.

Mark777

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:applause: :tiphat: Thanks to both CA and Mark for sharing their wealth of knowledge with all of us here on NTT (Net Tractor Talk).

CA great pic of your tractor and backhoe. Very nice setup. That BH sure looks like it could do some work. Please share as much of your projects as you dare. :D I need a good excuse, and a few dollars so I can get a backhoe. :D

Mark, what a source of information you are buddy. I did not know the extent of your background with Yanmars as far as buying and selling. Your experience will be a huge asset to all of us. THANKS guy!

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I can attest for the assistance these guys can and do supply. Welcome and I gotta say we're pretty lucky to have both them here!!!