Ignition key question

1kubota

I noticed just the other day that on my BX2230, the key can be removed while in the run position. Is this normal or do I have a bad ignition switch? I tried turning the switch to run position with a screw driver it wouldn't turn so I'm thinking the tumblers are OK. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Larry
Northern, In.

texasjohn

Not having exactly your tractor, I can't say.
However, I've had cars where the same thing was possible, after some years of age.
I consider it a feature.....never replaced a switch for only that issue.

1kubota

Texasjohn, I don't intend on replacing the switch. My concern is the key jiggling out while using the tractor. Could put the key in my pocket but I like the safety of having the key ignition incase I have to shut the tractor down.

Thanks
Larry

texasjohn

agreed.
How about running a string thru the key and around the steering wheel column...if it falls out, then you still got it.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Larry, just checked my RTV, I think it uses the same key as your BX and it locks in when switched on. We have a BX2350 down at the barn and I'll check it next trip.

Jim

Luvmykubota

I just checked my 2004 BX2230. The key doesn't come out when it's ON. Could be that the key is worn, not the switch. Do you have the spare key to try?

Carp

1kubota

> Texasjohn, Did that. Just wondering if ignition is defective or are all
> made that way?
> Thanks
> Larry