Site Maintenence July 3rd 2016

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Site Maintenance later today. We will be down. Hopefully not for to long but I'm not making any promises. We'll do our best to be back up as soon as we can.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, my hopefully not for long comment jinxed us. But we are now on a new disk array with mirroring. The bad disk has been kicked out. All is good.
Sorry for the extended outage but it was needed in the worst way. I had to be done before that disk failed and then we would have been in a world of hurt.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, my hopefully not for long comment jinxed us. But we are now on a new disk array with mirroring. The bad disk array has been kicked out. All is good.
Sorry for the extended outage but it was needed in the worst way. It had to be done before that disk failed and then we would have been in a world of hurt.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Well, my hopefully not for long comment jinxed us. But we are now on a new disk array with mirroring. The bad disk has been kicked out. All is good.
Sorry for the extended outage but it was needed in the worst way. I had to be done before that disk failed and then we would have been in a world of hurt.

Did you remember to coat everything with Fluid Film and put a can of Sea Foam in the tank? :yum:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well ...I have to admit. I remembered the fluid film but had used the last of the sea foam last week, so that will have to wait a few days. :D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You probably noticed we are having issues with the upgrade. Thought it was the firewall since web server and mail servers were both impacted. Tried to bypass the firewall for a test and that failed. Still not sure what the problem is but we brought the sites back up while we scratch our noggins trying to figure it out. The fix that was put in last night caused our outage. No fixes planned for today. So we should be good or awhile, I hope.