field marshal starting paper

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
where can i get the special glowing paper from for starting my field marshals :confused:

First time i,ve even heard about a feild marshal for years , I cant really help you but I,m curious as to what years & models you have , might be helpfull in searching . Pics would be great to . BTW Welcome :tiphat:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Just when you begin to think that you'd seen it all along comes something like this.

That's amazing. Those are British tractors too. I wonder why I've never even heard of them before never mind not seen one and I go way, way back. Ah well, you live and learn. I'll have to look into them some more.

Thanks guys.

scottedward58

I know this is an old thread but and don't know if you have found a source for paper but if you have not it is fairly easy to make. To make slow match with paper you immerse paper in a warm solution of kno3(Potassium nitrate) and water. Use a solution of 1 pound of kno3 to 2 gallons of water(you can use less if you don't need so much just keep the same ratio of kno3 to water) Once the paper has soaked in the water for a little bit just pull it out and let it dry. An easy source of kno3 in the US is stump remover, it can also be found as a food additive it is used in preserving meat(jerky).

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I know this is an old thread but and don't know if you have found a source for paper but if you have not it is fairly easy to make. To make slow match with paper you immerse paper in a warm solution of kno3(Potassium nitrate) and water. Use a solution of 1 pound of kno3 to 2 gallons of water(you can use less if you don't need so much just keep the same ratio of kno3 to water) Once the paper has soaked in the water for a little bit just pull it out and let it dry. An easy source of kno3 in the US is stump remover, it can also be found as a food additive it is used in preserving meat(jerky).

That's another little bit of information that I'll have to file away for possible future use. Thanks. :thankyou2: