Can I add a flasher to the OEM lights?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had my RTV at a public event as a traffic control and emergencyvehicle this past weekend. Very handy (and everyone admired it). I could have probably sold 5 RTV's right on the spot.</P>

I put an amber strobe on top of the roof which was a big help.</P>

Can I put a flasher unit in using the OEM lights (front and back) so I can make the headlights and/or tail lights flash? Can the OEM bulbs handle that or do I need to change the bulbs?</P>

Thoughts?</P>

Brian</P>

G

I might be totally off on this, but I would think you would want a differnet bulb. I can't image all the cycling would be okay for the stock lights. You could get a pair of tractor 4-way lamps and mount them off the sides of your roof with a flasher. <A href="http://www.parts-express.com/">
</A>http://www.parts-express.com/is my favorite site for electronic goodies. I can't tell you have much $$ I have spent on this site. I'm sure they have somthing that will work for you. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That site is down or the link isn't right. Is it working for you?</P>

See attached pic. I have 4 lights across the top now (plus the amber strobe on the roof which isn't pictured) and have considered swapping a couple of them out for this. Thought I'd consider the OEM lights first since I want to do the taillights as well.</P>

G

Yea, that site is down. I remeber them posting that they would be down for maintenance today.

How does your RTV handle that electrical load? You have got to be pushing the limit.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]How does your RTV handle that electrical load? You have got to be pushing the limit.[/quote]</P>

I think I've exceeded the limit... I try to avoid running everything at once(as I've added 11 lights, stereo, 320w amp...[H]), especially if the RTV isn't running. I replaced the OEM battery with the biggest deep cycle marine battery I could fit. It helped tremendously.</P>

I've thought of putting in another battery with an isolator but haven't yet found the need or time to do so.</P>