Overheating problems

Timmos

We have a couple of MX-5100's we use for mowing pine orchards, and while these tractors are very rugged, the weed seeds clogging the radiator are killing us. Kubota basically said "Your Problem", anyone else out there?

DieselDen

Aluminum or steel screen door mesh hung on the outside for easy cleaning. Flail mower might be less turbulent. Do you irrigate, then mow when wet or after a rain shower.
Are you mowing between rows of Pine (Christmas) trees or mowing the trees. Not familiar with a pine 'orchard' in Oregon.
Dennis

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you don't already have a screen covering the front face of the radiator, have a window glass/screen shop make one in a frame that you can slide in and out. Remove it and shake it out frequently during the day.

rj's barn

I used a 1/2' thick hog hair or "cut to fit" air filter from a local hardware store cut down to fit in front of the radiator of my L3400. I cut the rest into strips to fit in the grille for those super nasty pastures that haven't been cut in 10 years. The pieces in the grille are harder to clean though.