transmission oil brand

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I was curious if anyone had an opinion on whether I could use John Deere Hyguard trans oil instead of Kubota ? I would never mix them, only on a complete oil change.The JD dealership is a lot closer to me, plus we have JD tractors so I always have Hyguard on hand. Thanks,[&][&] Bordercollie</P>

DRankin

You certainly can use hygaurd. It will not hurt the transmission, but since the viscosity is different than Super UDT you might see a small change in performance.</P>

Super UDT has about he lowest viscosity numbers on the market and the Kubota HST's seem to be built for, and work best with that lower viscosity.</P>

G

I'm not sure I would mess with it. Several people have said they can tell the difference between UDT and Super UDT in tractors and especially with the RTV. Just buy a 5 gallon bucket and keep it around.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the answers friends. I will have to buy an extra jug and just put it aside.I changed my filters and oils this weekend using Kubota and I do believe the trans works better?? I am using 15w40 on my dealers advice in the engine .. He hasn't sold that many RTVs so I hope thats O.k. We have had good luck using that in our other diesel engines.I have220 hours on Big K.Thanks [&][&]Bordercollie /cs/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

DRankin

I saw a difference in my RTV and my BX between Super UDT and other hydro oils. Both ran better with Super UDT.