hi all, newbie with a 1100 problem

fishguts

its elec/hydrolic popo,its made just as heavy as their truck plows. darn i will have to check were my wallet rides also!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
to make a little more room I slid my butt to the left & my wallet (it was fat from all the money - ya right) hit the hydraulic dump lever depressing slightly. The pump built up pressure & slowed engine under higher rpm's.

First,
Two Guns DON'T have to worry about this happening !!!!!
NO MONEY, so don't have to worry about " Wallet Build-Up"
NO Hydro lift on RTV. No Levers for EMPTY wallet to push .....

Attachments

• Louisiana Cat Squirrel.jpg
    Louisiana Cat Squirrel.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 138

Mark.Sibole

I had that problem a few years ago on no power after plowing.
Things ive learned in 8 years of owning my Kubota.
Diesel fuel is very dirty.
Expect to change the filter 1ce a year.
Use an additive for the diesel as sulfer content is very low now and it needs the additive for lubrication.If in extreeme temps you will get condensation in the tank hence water getting into the filter to plug it up fast.Filters are in a sucky place on the Kubota so have fun on the change lol.
Ibe found a 1/4 20 bolt works well for plugging up the hose from the tank so you dont loose a lot of fuel.Also a long set of hemostats work well for pinching the fuel line to slow down fuel loss during the change.If you are mechanically inclined get a splicer and more fuel line and relocate it to an easier access site.Especially in the winter when the machine warms up you will get condensation in the fuel pulgging the filter.The main symptom of this is runs good during idle or slow moving then whewn you accelerate it goes then boggs down like its running out of fuel if you let off of the accelerator for a bit then re apply power is back until it pretty much runs out of fuel in the filter then boggs down again.Just my 50 cents worth for the New Year

Regards

Mark

Popo1945

I replaced my fuel filter with a spin-on. It's for a marine application so the element removes moisture. The bolt holes on the mounting bracket line up with two threaded holes on the outside of the right frame rail behind the cab. If I can figure out how to upload picture I'll post one. I put on soft doors & a heater but, it's so drafty the heater just barely takes the chill off. I'm trying plug all the leaks. The doors don't seal very well on the front edge. I got the right door to seal pretty well by bending the metal frame a little - still working the left door. At the time I didn't like the light duty winches that were made for the rtv so I made a custom mount & stuff a Warn 4700 in the front.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I replaced my fuel filter with a spin-on.

Welcome to the forum PoPo1945 !!! Good place to be >>>>

Said since the purchased my RTV, that was what I was going to do.
Plans to Install a diesel fuel water sperator AND a spin on filter kit. Mentioned it to a friend who just got his RTV. Told him my ideas and he stated that would be exactly what he would want on his. Soooooooooooo,
I put my plans on the back burner and installed the kits on his new unit.
And the kits come from Kubota and are made for a tractor, forgot the tractor size. That idea become real and worked out perfect, for his machine.
Also seen this done at a Kubota dealership on both the 900 & 1100 series units......
For I never got around of doing my own, and I don't know why, but this needs to be one of my list to do after hunting season is over.:shit:
I need to look back and see what Kubota parts I got for his.

Attachments

• beef_strips.gif
    beef_strips.gif
    156.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I am interested!

Ok razerface >>>>

Assembly Filter, Fuel 15291-43010
Bracket, Filter 37150-35810
15221-43170

This is the Fuel Filter Assembly used......
Actually fits a L2500DT (Duel Traction 4WD) Tractor

I'm still looking for what water separator I used. Think it came from either
Kubota, Napa, or Farm Supply, But a quality separator is what we used.
If I find it, or something simular, I will follow up with a post.

.......... two guns

Attachments

• Baby Speedster.gif
    Baby Speedster.gif
    99.3 KB · Views: 137

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Fishguts and Popo:

Welcome to one of the best Forums out there... bar none. And a Happy Healthy New year to all.

Keifer

fishguts

had a real bad day yesterday, but shes out and at the service center, thank god for insurance!

IMG_20130108_113317.jpg

IMG_20130108_113958.jpg

IMG_20130108_125237.jpg

IMG_20130108_142315.jpg

fishguts

well i went to go fishing yesterday, i drilled a hole near shore and then walked way out and drilled another. good 6 to 7 inches of ice, but as you can see inbetween holes there was very little ice! i cant understand it either, ive fished that bay 1000 times and never seen that befor, theres no current at all in there?

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Don't forget, the 1100 goes over 3000 LBS witH some of the plows out there.
Looks like the doors being open and the plow installed may have helped from it going under. Thank the lord you were not hurt or went under.
ZZZ2D1/DOORGUNNER

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well, I am glad your ok ....
Was this the practice run or the only run ?

Do you folks carry life jackets ?

Might have to change your name from Fishguts to Gutless .........

DAMMIT >>>>>>>

Nice time to have a drink !!!!

So your RTV is ok now ? Did ya'll flush the tranny and engine. Or did any
water get in ?

Mark.Sibole

This is the reason I dont drive on the ice.Better to be save than sorry.
Just glad your OK and I dont suspect much will be wrong with the Bota taking a bath

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The machine will be fine.

By the looks of things. Personally, don't think the engine got any water.

BUT, I would bet the tranny got it's fair share. And will have to not change the fluid once, but several times to insure all water got out of the machine.

I know of a machine down here that got into a fix. Engine was fine. But
we had to change the fluids in the tranny three times to get all out.

That was three years ago. And his machine gets run everyday. And is
doing just fine.

Attachments

• Squirrel Harmonica.gif
    Squirrel Harmonica.gif
    100.2 KB · Views: 79