RTV-900 Best overall tire for snow plowing

Mark.Sibole

Mark,
On the yellow line. You might want to call your neighbors and tell them their window is open. To cold for that .

And on the Red line, Is that a dog or a coyote.... it's leaving tracks !!!!

Great Picture !!!!

............ two guns

LOL yellow like is a stop sign and red line is a stump from a tree that bought the farm from a lightening strike.Yes the snow is the most ive seen in years here.Im out of room up by the house to push it.The shen you see in the PIC is my observatory but havnt been in it much of late due to very cloudy nights here

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
LOL yellow like is a stop sign and red line is a stump from a tree that bought the farm from a lightening strike.

The stop sign, to me, at that distance, look like a "look-out" window. I was very wrong.
But the stump thingy, still looks like tracks behind it. No wonder lightning took it out. It thought Wiley Coyote was behind it !!!!

Attachments

• Wiley Lightning Strike.jpg
    Wiley Lightning Strike.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 206
  • laughing monkey.gif
    laughing monkey.gif
    34 KB · Views: 208
  • Laughing Frogs.gif
    Laughing Frogs.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 207

kobe

Chains would have been cheaper for sure. I did the reapers because my OEM worksites would not even get me around my few acres. Also was concerned about damage to a half mile of blacktop. (Ground squirrels have already done enough damage burrowing under it) Anyhow, after comments from Mark Sibole and others, I went with the Reapers.
Snow, mud, dry loose stuff, even on 30% grades, I could not ask for more. We don't have the mud you boys have down there in the South, but some of our gray volcanic stuff has about the same properties as axle grease on ice~~~~~KOBE

Mark.Sibole

the will do you proud.I did the chain thing for a season and they were nice especially when things turned to slid ice but were a total pain in the arse so i gave them away.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Them silver back lits look pretty good.I might get a set for everyday riding an give my outlaws a break

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I am still using the OEM worksite tires with chains on the rear of my 1100. However, I dont use the RTV for snow plowing, mostly trail riding. As you can see, peanuts 'stick stoppers' are my wintertime 'snow stoppers.' lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 169

Wild Bill

I have the work-site tires on mine and put studded tire chains on the back.
I actually have studded chains for all 4 tires but haven't seen the need to put them on the fronts since the first year I go them...

The chains will chew up the pavement a bit if you spin, so I try not to.
I do quite a bit of off-pavement plowing so they come in really usefull. The thing is an animal.

Here is a video of me plowing up a berm on a snow tubing run going uphill.
http://youtu.be/hmq68UUMThw

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very cool video Bill! Nice place you have for sure. Kids gotta love sledding/tubing!

A couple questions/thoughts.
- What's the rattle at 1:00 to 1:45 and thereafter? Do you have a plastic windshield rattling?
- Consider getting the hand throttle. It may be really useful for your conditions. Basically, it lets you set your minimum RPM so it's not related to your position on the foot pedal.
- Aren't tubing trails supposed to be narrower? :)

Wild Bill

The rattle is the cheap window film windshield and is caused by the tires chewing through the snow looking for traction.

I may have to look into the hand throttle. My dealer said it wasn't necessary with the 900XT models. Thanks for the advice there!

The run is probably 5' to 6' wide. It could be narrower but it isn't bad by any means. We've got a couple 44" snow tubes from snowtubes.com that do a great job for us.
I don't think I have any pictures but I had the 1st corner as you come down 4' high this year and you used every bit of it. Good times...

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The run is probably 5' to 6' wide. It could be narrower but it isn't bad by any means. We've got a couple 44" snow tubes from snowtubes.com that do a great job for us.
I don't think I have any pictures but I had the 1st corner as you come down 4' high this year and you used every bit of it. Good times...
Oh yea, kids and tubes.

This was 4 years ago... we have better tubes now.

Attachments

• CIMG7819.jpg
    CIMG7819.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 143
  • CIMG7761.jpg
    CIMG7761.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG7774.jpg
    CIMG7774.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 143
  • CIMG7822.jpg
    CIMG7822.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG7841.jpg
    CIMG7841.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 141

Wild Bill

I tell you though, we have one of those blue and white Sno-Tube brand tubes from the late 80's / early 90's and it is coveted.

It is by far the fastest tube we have. It glides smooth as can be and seems to be 10x more resilient than the cheapie tubes of today.

Next fastest are our ones from snowtubes.com

So are the kids trying to aim for that tree? At any rate, good plan with the helmets!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The tubes they're running are in the pics are kind of old. We loose one to a tear just about every year as the track they're on is over a gravel driveway and once in awhile they'll catch a rock. Below is a pic of what they use now. It has a hard plastic bottom and the top is a heavy canvas type of material that protects the tube itself. These new ones are also better for towing behind the RTV or ATV.

They're not aiming for the tree but it's beside the trail so they bump it now and then (which makes the better pics...).

Rush_3.jpg

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Have you seen this ?

Nice on Ice !!!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNXL2EEscuE[/ame]

BaiJiu

Two Guns that is about as close as it gets to being able to switch from summer to winter tires at the press of a button.

Mark.Sibole

I can remember the good ol days whan you could get studded snow tires.To bad they dont make them any more.some tires are pre drilled out in the treads for studs.