super udt2

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I am getting ready for my first Kubota service. the 50 hour service on my rtv x1100c us almost due and i noticed there are three UDT fluids> regular UDT then super UDT and finally super UDT2. should I presume that Super UDT2 superceeds the super UDT?? is there any reason not to use the sauper UDT2??

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I use the sudt2. It doesn't cost that much more .... I think in a 5 gallon pail, it is something like 17$ more. I have heard that the sudt2 is very good in cold weather transmissions... I do remember using the regular udt in my 05 and the sudt2 seemed to work smoother in my transmission... and I live in Misssissippi where the winters are rather mild but the summers are really hot.. I like it being synthetic too. collie

fishinbill85

My 1120D was a bit low on hydraulic fluid so I went and bought some Super UDT2 to fill it back up. Heard it made the hydraulics quieter.... Within 10 minutes of filling it back up, I noticed that the usual hydraulic whine of the bed lift cylinder was completely gone. Wasn't bad on price. I'll fill it back up with that from now on.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My 1120D was a bit low on hydraulic fluid so I went and bought some Super UDT2 to fill it back up. Heard it made the hydraulics quieter.... Within 10 minutes of filling it back up, I noticed that the usual hydraulic whine of the bed lift cylinder was completely gone. Wasn't bad on price. I'll fill it back up with that from now on.

Agree with you fishinbill85. I once had a K dealer sell me some Gold Band saying all of his K people used it. it was cheap.. like less than half of the sudt2.... I hesitantly said ok.... After the change,my transmission worked ok but had a little "whey" noise just sitting still even . I took that "stuff" out asap and again replaced the filters and then rebought the sudt2...... as long as I have a Kubota ,it will be sudt2 in the transmission. collie

Rogerwh0

I just changed all of my fluids on my 1100 and on my MX5100 tractor. I used the Super UDT. Honestly can't tell much difference on the RTV. It may of had it already in it though. There was a MAJOR improvement on the tractor. I never really could use high range too much before. After the Super UDT I rarely take it out of high range. I highly recommend going with the Super UDT.

fishinbill85

Was also told that the Super UDT is a synthetic blend, while the Super UDT 2 is fully synthetic... someone want to fact check that? I KNOW the Super UDT 2 is good stuff, so that's what i'll use.

urednecku

At the 2nd service for my M7040 (first after the 50 hour) I was sold a different brand- by the local K dealer- & was told it works just as good. I don't notice a whine, but believe the FEL is slower & not quite as strong. Next change, I called about 4 or 5 dealers looking for the Super UDT, & when I asked why nobody carried it local was told it does not get cold enough in central Florida to warrant using the Super UDT, so all 'local' dealers (within about 75 miles) just use regular UDT.

Cajunrotor

Site Supporter
I called about 4 or 5 dealers looking for the Super UDT, & when I asked why nobody carried it local was told it does not get cold enough in central Florida to warrant using the Super UDT, so all 'local' dealers (within about 75 miles) just use regular UDT.

That's the same story that I got from 2 dealers here in Texas. But I did find some at another dealer about 50 miles from me so I paid the difference for the "gold" stuff. But it does make me wonder if the "regular" would work just as well in this climate.

fishinbill85

Gulf coast turf and tractor in Plant City FL is who I deal with urednecku, don't know where you're at but its about 20 min's from me.

urednecku

Gulf coast turf and tractor in Plant City FL is who I deal with urednecku, don't know where you're at but its about 20 min's from me.

That's about 60 miles NNW of me---and the dealer the tractor came from. I think they are the one that finally told me it's too hot down here for the super UDT.

(I told the receptionist @ the local dealer I was there to see about buying a new tractor, & almost 20 minutes later left, never saw anybody else.)

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
[QUOTE

(I told the receptionist @ the local dealer I was there to see about buying a new tractor, & almost 20 minutes later left, never saw anybody else.) Wow , their business must be really good to not be interested in selling a new tractor any more than that! :angry3:

urednecku

[QUOTE

(I told the receptionist @ the local dealer I was there to see about buying a new tractor, & almost 20 minutes later left, never saw anybody else.) Wow , their business must be really good to not be interested in selling a new tractor any more than that! :angry3:

That's what I thought. I've heard they have a reputation of that kind of service. Surprisingly, they are a pretty good size dealer. After that, it was several years before I would even consider them for anything. I have gotten to where I will deal with them for misc small stuff I might need in a hurry, but still keep that experience in mind.

fishinbill85

I guess because they have the Kubota market in the area cornered, they think they can be like that.... that's the beauty of the free market (about the only beauty...) Vote with your wallet.

They have done me right.....SO far. Only complaint I have is that they are pricey as heck on service and THEY WON'T FILL UP NEW EQUIPMENT... That's just bad business in my eyes and I wrote it all over the Kubota survey.

But, they DID have super UDT2 in stock when I walked in to buy some hyd fluid. I told them that that was what I wanted, they didn't try to dissuade me...

urednecku

Gulf Coast has always done me right, the few times I was in there. Like you said tho, they are a dealer, and dealers like $$$ on anything they do. The Kubota dealer that didn't want to sell me a tractor is Ridge Equipment, with Sebring address, just south of Avon Park.

Mark.Sibole

They claim udt2 is better in the real cold temps as it dosnt thinken up as bad and easier on things in the cold.How much truth to it im not sure.I have 2 dealers close to me.I use both of them depending on parts needed and where im at during my travels.The one dealer is a Kubots and new holland dealer i think and the other is a Kubota Case dealer.If i just need a few small parts I hit the Kubota new holland dealer.If I need anything else for the DB i go to the Kubota Case dealer.At least there they do give me a small break on parts as im survicing 2 machines.I can use the UDT2 in the DB hydrolycs so I dont have to get a mix and match of fluids.This summer will be the first with 2 machines and hopefully make life a lot easier on me.There are just some things the RTV just cant do so thats why i got the DB with front loader. In tight places and general work you cant beat the Kubota.Hopefully everything will work out well for me and my health will straighten up a bit.The extreem radical high and low pressure systems this winter have all but kicked my ass to hell and back.
Hopefully spring and summer will treat me a bit better.