Peanuts's headache rack and rails

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I just received headache rack and rails built by peanut. I had just given him a basic idea of what I wanted and asked him to build it the way he thought it should be built. Wow, he really does quality work. Over the years I have gotten several things from him. From Polaris ranger accessories to rtv stuff and he has always exceeded my expectations . Thanks again peanut!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 312

David69

I just received headache rack and rails built by peanut. I had just given him a basic idea of what I wanted and asked him to build it the way he thought it should be built. Wow, he really does quality work. Over the years I have gotten several things from him. From Polaris ranger accessories to rtv stuff and he has always exceeded my expectations . Thanks again peanut!

Beautiful work!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks for the compliments guys and thank you todd for getting them from me.seems like work is coming to a dead stop down here.i have a rhino and I don't even make anything for it my mind goes blank when it comes to my stuff. I will be starting another set of rails for this same model rtv that todd has or if one of you are interested in a set for your model just give me the measurements of the bed and i'll take it from there.i had a time trying to ship this set the little old lady at the post office couldn't pick them up so I helped her then the machine said it was to large to ship. she finally got the computer to take it. I kept telling her I went to the website and entered in the size and weight and it gave me a price . just to give you an idea of how strong and what they are made out of this set topped in at just over 100lbs. my first set I ever made I tried using a lighter tubing but after dropping something on them in my shop and ending up with a dent in one I told myself man if I can dent it this easy in my shop they will never hold up in the environment that you guys will put them through. I think this is maybe the 5th set that todd gets from me .he goes out and buys a new rtv and most times he calls me way before the rtv is even delivered to his house with the measurements that way I can get started on the rails for it.then 2 or 3 months later he's calling me again saying peanut I did it again! I sold the rtv and I need another set of rails.

it's nice to be able to go to this web site and see the stuff I make on the rtv rather than just a picture of it on my fabrication table one day I will get an rtv and maybe start my own company making stuff for it .down here the work dropped off to nothing they shut down the offshore jobs for the moment and the land jobs seem to be gone with it. haven't had a call in over two weeks .I guess all them people who was happy the gas prices fell are rethinking it now.i rather pay 4.00 a gallon and be working everyday than pay 1.90 and be laid off with no work.i don't work for one company I'm a contract welder/fitter with my own truck and small shop so I try to stop by as many companies as I can to keep my name out there .

I'm glad you like the rails todd and I'm glad they fitted up right I always cross my fingers when I ship something out.thanks again todd and give me a call if you need anything else.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Right there with you about the boom...bust of the oily economics conditions and how folks can really get to hurting......What I am most happy for you Tommy, is the way your health has gotten better. Yes, I know that the back stuff NEVER goes away; but it seems you have a handle on it and so I am thankful for you about that.....God bless....Dennis

David69

thanks for the compliments guys and thank you todd for getting them from me.seems like work is coming to a dead stop down here.i have a rhino and I don't even make anything for it my mind goes blank when it comes to my stuff. I will be starting another set of rails for this same model rtv that todd has or if one of you are interested in a set for your model just give me the measurements of the bed and i'll take it from there.i had a time trying to ship this set the little old lady at the post office couldn't pick them up so I helped her then the machine said it was to large to ship. she finally got the computer to take it. I kept telling her I went to the website and entered in the size and weight and it gave me a price . just to give you an idea of how strong and what they are made out of this set topped in at just over 100lbs. my first set I ever made I tried using a lighter tubing but after dropping something on them in my shop and ending up with a dent in one I told myself man if I can dent it this easy in my shop they will never hold up in the environment that you guys will put them through. I think this is maybe the 5th set that todd gets from me .he goes out and buys a new rtv and most times he calls me way before the rtv is even delivered to his house with the measurements that way I can get started on the rails for it.then 2 or 3 months later he's calling me again saying peanut I did it again! I sold the rtv and I need another set of rails.

it's nice to be able to go to this web site and see the stuff I make on the rtv rather than just a picture of it on my fabrication table one day I will get an rtv and maybe start my own company making stuff for it .down here the work dropped off to nothing they shut down the offshore jobs for the moment and the land jobs seem to be gone with it. haven't had a call in over two weeks .I guess all them people who was happy the gas prices fell are rethinking it now.i rather pay 4.00 a gallon and be working everyday than pay 1.90 and be laid off with no work.i don't work for one company I'm a contract welder/fitter with my own truck and small shop so I try to stop by as many companies as I can to keep my name out there .

I'm glad you like the rails todd and I'm glad they fitted up right I always cross my fingers when I ship something out.thanks again todd and give me a call if you need anything else.

...........................Nice

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea I do ok for a crip.lol I was on a job at port fouchon a few weeks ago and I got some material loaded up on the deck of the ship it was about 30 feet from where the guys was working. I pointed to the material and told them that was thiers. then one of the guys who is 23 asked me how were they suppose to get it over to where they was at I looked at him and said !really! he said yea man that stuff is heavy. it was some 20 foot joints of 3x3x1/4 angle iron. I told him and the other guys hang on I walked over to the pile of material and grabbed one of the angle irons and dragged it over to them then I took out my handy cap card and showed it to them . they told me man I knew something was wrong with you because of the way you walked and the way you never bent your neck.i told them the long story of the plate and 4 screws at the c6/7 area and the cervical cage at the c3/4 area and that c 4/5 and c6/7 was fused solid to0. I told them the reason I walk like this is because of the nerve in my lower spine is messed up so I walk with sort of a limp.then I told them I was 46 years old and I don't complain to anyone about this or that hurting I just do what has to be done. I told them I am 100% disabled they told me I should just sit back and get a check well I done that for a few years but for 1 it don't pay the bills and 2 I might hurt a lot more but I feel better mentally if I'm working. after all that I told the youngest guy that if I can do what I do with my disability that he should be able to do more being he was healthy and young .I never herd them complain after that and nor did they ever come up to me and say they couldn't do something. I'm not suppose to pick up on anything over 10lbs but here I am dragging 70lbs and 80lbs of iron when I have to.i don't like the word (can't) it just isn't in my vocabulary lol.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
sorry to not use periods I was never a typer.lol so my post seem to be one long sentence. just take a breath if you need to when your reading anything I post.lmao.