Boot guards for a Kubota 1120XD?

Kubota777

Hi, I need to get me some boot guards for a Kubota 1120XD. I tried sending a message to Mr. Peanut, but I've not gotten a response. I emailed Ricochet, since they make real nice products, but they didn't make boot guards for the 1120XD. Is there any other manf that makes boot guards for the 1120D?

ovrszd

I made my own for my 900. But I'm not pimping for business.

Toolman77 might help you out. He makes some awesome accessories. Maybe he'll chime in here soon.

T

Toolman77

I am sure I can help, but I will need some help. I will need some photos and if I made them to fit mine X1100 will they mount to the 1120XD. I think they might be the same but I am not positive.
Tim

ovrszd

Knowing Kubota, I'd think they are the same. Might need the measurements between the two bolt holes in the lower control arms??

T

Toolman77

It will be nice this weekend and I will take a look and see what I will need, I wander if Peanut is on a job site somewhere, seems like he travels a lot for work. Hopefully he will check in and can help with this, if not I will try to help.
Tim

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
does the 1120X have the same front suspension of the other X models such as the 1100X? if it does then the guards are different from the 900 and other older machines. Peanut was working on a set but i haven't heard back from him in quite a while.

Kubota777

I'll take some shots later this weekend of the boot guard and post. I think the 1100 and 1120D are different, since Ricochet didn't make boot guards for the 1120D, but did make them for the 1100.

ovrszd

I'll take some shots later this weekend of the boot guard and post. I think the 1100 and 1120D are different, since Ricochet didn't make boot guards for the 1120D, but did make them for the 1100.

Yeah, that would indicate a difference.

T

Toolman77

Boot guards

At least we now know you are ok, will you be able to make the boot guards for Kubota777. I have not ever made any of these, and I looked at my X1100 over the weekend and there is not a lot of mounting options. Every one here says you are the man when it comes to boot guards and based on what I have read here in past post I know you are.
Tim

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i can make them is the trv has the single a-arms in the front .i do have a pattern for the double a-arms but i havent had time to make a set and try them out. i been out on the road alot with a new company running pipe it's fun being i'm rarley in the same spot but it's got it's dangers. a few weeks ago we was running a 36" water line and we just had made the last connection .well the nexk day i went out to cut apart the big box we made so the mud wouldn't cave in on us.well i was cutting the beams loose when i heard a crunch then a wierd flapping sound. i looked up towards the highway and seen a truck with the front tire flat and the bumper bent. there was a very old man behind the wheel he was just looking straight ahead and (hauling ass) i watched him pass up my truck then he rammed right into the back of our 18 wheeler trailer his truck just flew apart .the impact threw the guys who was loading the trailer into the air and then onto the ground. we all took off running to the truck by the time i got to the hyway i already had the 911 lady on the phone i choose not to go see the guy because i knew for sure it was gonna be a bad sight so i started stopping traffic.afetr they took the guy out and hooked onto the guys truck to put it on a trailer. the state trooper told me his speed ometer was stuck on 100mph when he hit our truck. the next day we got a word that the guy was ok no broken bones just a few scratched they told us he went into a diabetic siezure a mile or two down the raod and he just floored his truck. he slowd down a bit because right before he got to us he ran into the back of another truck. if he ha not hit the other truck he would have went off the road right where our hole was and we was working. i have pictures of the truck and i'll try to post them for you.when you look at the truck your gonna wonder how a guy inhis late 70's got out with just a scratch.

T

Toolman77

Peanut,
I am glad you are ok, and that everybody that was involved in that accident was ok. It just was not that gentlemen's time, I often wander how some people can walk away without being injured and others do not. God was definitely looking over this man.
Tim

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
hey toolman do you have the equipment on hand to bend plate? if so i can send you my template plate for the stickstoppers and you can take over. i seem be be on the raod alot and it's tough for me to set aside some time to do things .i will still make them for you guys if needed and will make you guys what ever you need but i think if we had two or three fabricators going at it it would be even better for the forum members.just promise me one thing they have to be made out of 1/8 plate and not thin sheet metal the bed rails have to have solid quare stock on the ends to fit into the sockets of the beds and all the tubing has to be nice and thick wall. if we can keep the quality of the parts second to none then we have nuthing to worry about. i know some people who have asked me about the price of my bed rails kinda never replyed back after i told them the price and i can't blame them i would think about it too.but until you see and hold a set of them you won't know just how strong they are if you was to hook a rope to them and pull i think you would bend the side of the bed before the rails bent. i make this stuff for fun and not profit if you was to look at the material price and then add up the welding wire grinding blades and other consumables you would see that with the time i put into them my hourly wage comes out to around 5.00 an hour.sometimes less. sure you could make good money building this stuff but that would involve setting up a ebay account and selling them there but then it would almost have to be a one design setup for the bed rails because any custom design would not be able to be mass produced in a jig.

OrangeBuggy

hey toolman do you have the equipment on hand to bend plate? if so i can send you my template plate for the stickstoppers and you can take over. i seem be be on the raod alot and it's tough for me to set aside some time to do things .i will still make them for you guys if needed and will make you guys what ever you need but i think if we had two or three fabricators going at it it would be even better for the forum members.just promise me one thing they have to be made out of 1/8 plate and not thin sheet metal the bed rails have to have solid quare stock on the ends to fit into the sockets of the beds and all the tubing has to be nice and thick wall. if we can keep the quality of the parts second to none then we have nuthing to worry about. i know some people who have asked me about the price of my bed rails kinda never replyed back after i told them the price and i can't blame them i would think about it too.but until you see and hold a set of them you won't know just how strong they are if you was to hook a rope to them and pull i think you would bend the side of the bed before the rails bent. i make this stuff for fun and not profit if you was to look at the material price and then add up the welding wire grinding blades and other consumables you would see that with the time i put into them my hourly wage comes out to around 5.00 an hour.sometimes less. sure you could make good money building this stuff but that would involve setting up a ebay account and selling them there but then it would almost have to be a one design setup for the bed rails because any custom design would not be able to be mass produced in a jig.

That is truly a outstanding act of generosity. Offering to provide your hard earned info and templates. My hat is off to you sir.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks orange buggy but all the hard work came from you guys giving me measurements and pictures. i probably wont be posting anymore until after october. got a job starting in mid april and it's supose to last until oct or november. busy right now getting equipment ready and finding welders and fitters ready to start the job. i picked up a good job last week repairing 7 lift boats and getting them ready for coat guard instections so ill be humping 12 hours a day 7 days a week for the next 5 months for sure.hoping for more than 12 hours a day. if anyone needs something ss chevelle knows my number .but from the looks of it i think toolman has the fabricating skills to handle anything. although i will still find time to do some bed rails when needed.yall take care

T

Toolman77

Peanut, it sounds like a good job, although I am sure you will be tired a lot. It would be hard to be away for that long. Be careful and stay safe. I admire you and your skills, welding is not as easy as one might think, you need to know all the different metals and what welding rod is compatible along with the different shielding gases to do it right. I do not do any welding I leave that to the pros, like you. Thank you for having faith in me.
Tim

Kubota777

Mr. Peanut, looks like I've got some bad timing, since I sent you a check on Friday for the boot guards for my 2014 RTV 1120XD. You should have check tomorrow or Tuesday. I just saw your post where you'll be leaving for a few months. Hopefully, you can finish my boot guards before you leave. Please let me know and thanks for your time and consideration.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good to hear from you Tommy, I am grateful for the items you have built for me. I can't count the people that have noticed your welds on the expanded metal. Not just tacked on one side, welded in a circle around each point of contact. You deliver top quality work at a more than fair price. We are fortunate to have you and Toolman. Todd