Intro- X1140

2015EcoD

Hi All,
I've been browsing the forum pretty regularly since I picked up my X1140 in early January. The knowledge and response on this forum seems to 10x better than any of the others I've browsed. I figured after all this time lurking I should say hello and share a picture.

I'm using the new tool for daily chores on a sheep farm in Maryland. I haven't owned a UTV prior to this but I'm impressed at what it's capable of.

I look forward to hanging around and learning from you all, hopefully I'll be able to add something to the forum in the future.

Attachments

• x1140.jpg
    x1140.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 176

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. This has got to be the best RTV forum around. Looks like you're using it. I also like your partner in the seat.

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!

Quick question - Do you park it in that garage in the pic? If so, are those 8' tall doors? I have standard doors (what is that, about 6.5' tall) on our attached garage and although the RTV itself fits, anything like lights over the roof need removed.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I surely welcome you and your working partner there.....lol...the dog and the RTV, so I guess I should say partner(S).........God bless.....Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome 2015EcoD. :) I'm sorry to be late to welcome you but have has some terrible weather here in Ms and no power. I also like your partner and believe ya'll will be very happy with your RTV. :) bordercollie

2015EcoD

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!

Quick question - Do you park it in that garage in the pic? If so, are those 8' tall doors? I have standard doors (what is that, about 6.5' tall) on our attached garage and although the RTV itself fits, anything like lights over the roof need removed.

bczoom: Thanks! I do park the RTV in the garage. The door is 8' x 8' and it fits with the lights and about a foot to spare. Wish the door was a bit wider, I'd like to say it'll be my wife to hit the frame but it'll probably be me at some point... Definitely easier to drive in and back out than to back in and drive out.

2015EcoD

Welcome to the forum. This has got to be the best RTV forum around. Looks like you're using it. I also like your partner in the seat.

OhioTC18: Thank you! We use it multiple times a day. Not sure how many hours real farmers put on an RTV but we're almost at 100hrs and 115 miles in the past 3 months. I've been hauling the 125 gallon tank of water to the pastures as we don't have water lines ran yet. It's nice to be able to take all of the feed, water, tools, and supplies every time you head up the hill. Never know what you'll walk into or what you'll need during lambing season.

My partner is Teddy, he's an 8 year old Portuguese Water Dog. He's not much of a sheep dog but he likes to go for rides and is good with the lambs! He's training this one to be a puppy...

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 151

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
BC: Stay safe out there!
Thanks 2015EcoD. It is all fine now. It is sort of bone chilling when the tornado sirens go off - they are miles away in different directions but if it's not raining , we can hear them and then if the piercing alert on the phone screams.. it gets you moving faster. We have a tornado room but have to " walk " to it by a big tree. We lost 4 trees in eyeshot of the house but thankfully they didn't mash any cows in that pasture..The flooding was incredible- we got over 7 inches because the rain gauge stops at 7 and it overflowed for hours. " . My garden washed off as did roads around here. but I can replant. Thanks again for the well wishes.
I love that pup - congratulations on that bundle too.I'm sure that they will love the RTV like my "niece" Belle did . collie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Really makes you say a "thank YOU" prayer when you look out and see those trees. We get Atlanta weather stations and at this moment they are talking about a cell just to the south that I am watching coming this way out the front room doors...........Grand babies just showed up for their spring break days with us and
I HAVENT EVEN FINISHED MY FIRST CUP OF COFFEE YET.............that a way to start the day........God bless.....Dennis

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Welcome 2015ecod and that sure is a nice RTV you are sittin in there. my name is Woof grr bark,but my human's call me Peaches for some reason. I too have an RTV that i like very much, my Human drives me around anywhere i want to go. all i have to do is ask! it is so nice to see another like me enjoy the Kubota RTV as much as me and i think it is a real good trick you have there to have your human take your pics and share them with the rest of us. well i see the cat coming so i gotta go sniff him before he gets away. see ya later

Peaches

Attachments

• peach in grass.jpg
    peach in grass.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 105

Bigsteak

new 1140

hello this my first post and I have also been watching this site for about 6 mo. And bought a RTVX 1140 and I really do love it also,most of you guys use yours on the farm but my setting is a more urban area in fact I bought it the day before our neighborhood Christmas golf cart parade I must say it was the star of the show! I dont do much with the computer but the simple internet but at some point would like to add some pictures of some additions to the new toy, wheels tires, lights and home made heavy duty roof rack. My only dissapointment is some area of the frame -components dont have enough pain on them and is all ready showing some surface rust.I am looking forward to retiring and using it for work in a country setting of Tennessee. Thanks for all great info.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Bigsteak !! Eager to see your pictures - it sounds like you have a great plan. :) bordercollie

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum Bigsteak.

Look back through the previous posts and look for the product Fluid Film. It might offer some rust proofing protection besides acting as a lube.