CKing

For 1100C they list two hand throttle kits
1 ENGINE HAND THROTTLE KIT D1105 $99.00
1 HAND THROTTLE KIT $146.00

So what is the difference?

CKing

Found more stuff
V5245 Hand Throttle Kit (for V5260 Rotary Broom) $146
V5243 Hand Throttle Kit - D1105 Engine 5 $99.00 (applications requiring full AUX Hydraulic pump flow for all ground speeds)

So sounds one revs engine for max oil flow pressure

The other sets ground speed?/

ovrszd

Welcome to NTT.

Good questions. I put one on my 900 and don't remember there being a choice. All it does is set engine rpms. You still use the foot pedal to regulate ground speed.

Hopefully someone with an 1100C will chime in with answers.

CKing

Bought a 1100C today and dealer didn't know. The new machine on the lot had throttle next to diff lock, but manual said engage only while stopped and it will raise engine speed to half throttle to keep the pressure up for hydraulics. So I asked if the throttle kit in the sweeper section will maintain ground speed? They are going to ask the factory and get back to me. So if so I said add it to machine if it works.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting. Thanks for keeping us in the loop so we are aware of this new feature on the 1100C. :tiphat: :thumb:

CKing

Dealer called today and NO throttle control will provide ground speed control. So the new 1100C have a half speed throttle, that will keep engine rpm at 1/2 throttle, for warm ups or hydraulic pressure.

ovrszd

Bummer.

Doesn't surprise me in regards to ground speed. Wayyyyyy to much liability there.

Surprised you can't get a simple Hand Throttle that allows you to set engine rpm....

CKing

Seems to me that a accelerator pedal lock that releases when brake light switch closes should be to hard to make.

Lee1935

Dealer called today and NO throttle control will provide ground speed control. So the new 1100C have a half speed throttle, that will keep engine rpm at 1/2 throttle, for warm ups or hydraulic pressure.

I put a hand throttle on my X900, it took some getting used, however I have it adjusted to give full throttle and I'm quite happy with the setup. Using the foot feed does take some getting used ☺

ovrszd

I use mine if trying to climb steep hills or get over a large obstacle. Makes the HVT more effective.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I installed one on my X900 and use it for plowing. Set engine RPM and then control plowing speed with foot pedal. It has been difficult to adjust when installed and I am still tweaking the adjustment, but on the whole it is great.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It has been difficult to adjust when installed and I am still tweaking the adjustment, but on the whole it is great.
Can you elaborate on this? I have an old 900 and I don't recall there being anything to adjust on my hand throttle. You just install then use it. Pull the knob to approximately the correct throttle then turn the knob to fine-tune the RPM's.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
The adjustment issue is with the position of the engine throttle cable and the transmission cable. The area is tight to work in and the angles of the cables is not ideal. It seems to be critical but the instructions make no mention as to how to make these adjustments. It has been a process of trial and error, made more difficult since in order to try it out you have to drop the bed and drive it to see what difference the adjustment has made. Sorry I can't be more specific.