Paint?

Nevadablue

Is there a spray can paint that matches the Charcoal Gray Kubota paint good enough to use for things like bed racks and such?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I found Rustoleum hammered gray to be a pretty close match.

Disclaimer: "Close" is a subjective term.

ovrszd

Here's an example pic. Tried to find one that shows the contrast. At a glance you don't notice a difference in shade. But a close study and it shows up.

For me, it saves a 50 mile trip to the Kubota dealer. :)

Attachments

• 20151006_191405 (1280x720).jpg
    20151006_191405 (1280x720).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 134

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I got some orange from tractor supply that matched the bota orange but I never looked to see if they had a grey.in their paint section they have paint for just about all the major names of tractors. another thing is the paint will match if the bota is new but as it ages the paint lightens up so that's why it might be hard to find a perfect match without touching up all the other grey on it at the same time.

Mark.Sibole

im not sure on the grey but i know for the silver front bumper the high temp silver BBQ spray paint is almost identical in color.I use it to touch up my bumber when i have a boo boo and cant tell the difference

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got some orange from tractor supply that matched the bota orange but I never looked to see if they had a grey.in their paint section they have paint for just about all the major names of tractors. another thing is the paint will match if the bota is new but as it ages the paint lightens up so that's why it might be hard to find a perfect match without touching up all the other grey on it at the same time.
Just a heads-up on Tractor Supply paint.

If you buy it by the quart or gallon, like Tommy said, it lightens up. Can't speak for the spray cans but the quart/gallon jugs of paint not only fade but also fade to pink.

This was painted either Kubota or Kioti orange then faded... to pink.

Attachments

• IMG_20140423_121553_382.jpg
    IMG_20140423_121553_382.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 123

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How long ago was that paint, BC????? I did my B tractor hood going on two years ago now with TSC spray can paint and still just as shiny. I do park it in a pole barn but the thing gets used a couple of hours every day......The FEL hydro tubes on that tractor have turned that pink/orange you are showing in your pic.....hmmmmmm.....God bless....Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
im not sure on the grey but i know for the silver front bumper the high temp silver BBQ spray paint is almost identical in color.I use it to touch up my bumber when i have a boo boo and cant tell the difference

TSC paint??>?>????? I need some....thanks...God bless....Dennis

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I painted a set of stickstoppers for a member maybe he can give an update on how the erosal cans hold up

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What ever that black paint you used on my stick stoppers was.. is awesome. 2300 hours of pasture driving and still looks very good.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How long ago was that paint, BC????? I did my B tractor hood going on two years ago now with TSC spray can paint and still just as shiny. I do park it in a pole barn but the thing gets used a couple of hours every day......The FEL hydro tubes on that tractor have turned that pink/orange you are showing in your pic.....hmmmmmm.....God bless....Dennis
Sorry it took so long to reply but it's my Dad's blade so I had to get the info from him.

He said it was only 2-3 years ago. The blade does sit out in the weather all the time.

cchaffee

Oh boy, i hope your wrong.

Boy, I hope your wrong about the TSC paint. Or i am for not being on the site for months.
I bought my 2005 about a year ago, rebuilt the front pumpkin, front shafts and the hydro. Then I bought a plow, used it all winter and fell in love. the unit was BEAT! I followed by working the #&%% out of her this year. She has hauled more gravel, sand, stone, and wood than I could imagine.
I have been taking her apart and fixing one piece at a time this fall. Pounded out a herd of dents and folds in the metal parts. the plastic was worse with permanent gouges and folds. i repaired them with a heat gun, steel plates, and a c-clamp. i would heat the section both sides until shiney (didn't care because paint would follow). Then put the plates on both sides and c-clamp it for about 10 minutes. it took a long time but i am pleased with the results. I then sprayed the plastic pieces with Bed liner from TSC. it is thinner but i tested it all year on a rear fender and it held up great. You can see the difference in the picture because here is the buggy sprayed with TSC kubota orange, and the plastic complete from the front of cab to the rear.
I am doing the front right now, because she is apart putting in new hubs and a lift kit I made for the front. I will try to post more when she is all done and lifted. Almost plowin' time here in NE PA.:letitsnow:

Attachments

• 20151102_165843.jpg
    20151102_165843.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 78
  • 20150221_103857.jpg
    20150221_103857.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 78

ovrszd

Very nice job on the front lift blocks. I lifted my rig an inch last week but I didn't do that bice of work. I'll post a thread in a few days. Hopefully you'll chime in with your work and ideas. Nice work!!!

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Really good work there Mr Cchaffe......I like how you have it looking without overwhelming the machine with doodads, bells, and whistles.....Yet you are still out there getting the work done.....goooood job....God blesss.....Dennis

cchaffee

Thank you Dennis and Richard..

"Real trucks you can wash with a garden hose...., on the inside!" quote from a shoe comic done by Jeff MacNelly (rip)

She is just for work. I bought her mainly to plow with, but i have found they are invaluable for about everything else. She does have a 16" parabolic rear view mirror inside and i have some 6" LED lights and a wiring harness coming to do back up lights for plowing. the tricky part for me is i am not going to put them on top of the roof. I also found that taking my wife, dog, or both trailblazing over the mountains is fun too. Don't want all the sticky-outy stuff to stop us from that.

Curt