Mine anyway...

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 295

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Squerly, Now that is the good life! I really like that step up for 'em. Border collie Millie needs one of those for getting up on things she "said" after seeing it. Good job. I think the world is always a better place with our buddies around. :) bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Uh oh zoom. You said the D word. When Millie and Belle misbehave, I shame them by calling them a dog. They don't have free run of the house but know that and rarely go into the no zone. (Millie and Belle think they are humans .. just shorter and better looking.) :) bordercollie

urednecku

8 legs, 4 eyes and 2 tails says... Ouch!

Don't take me wrong, I know lots of people think as much of their pets as I think of my kids. Nothing wrong with that.
I was raised dogs belong outside, & I still feel that way -personally-. My family would not keep a dog washed & brushed enough to keep the hair & dirty dog smell out...so I just say NO. At least in my house.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just checked with Pepper. She said she knows she's a dog. She said if she was a family member equal to one of the kids, she wouldn't be allowed to bite me since only babies and dogs do that. It's a game. If I get close to the kids in her presence, she gets between us and starts growling. If I grab one of the kids (normally in jest to play along), it's game on and she bites my arm. Not hard. Just enough to make it known she knows what she's supposed to do. If someone she doesn't know gets close to the kids, it's the same process but no longer a game.

Our house is a multi-level. She (Pepper) is only allowed on one level (where my office and family room are). It's ground level out the back of the house. The levels above that (living room, kitchen, dining room and above that, all the bedrooms) are off limits. The level below the office/family room is the finished basement. She's allowed down there only when someone else is. There's a pantry down there and I don't want her helping herself.

Since I'm in my home office 8+ hours per day and when the kids get home, at least one of them is in the family room or outside, she's at our side at least 12 hours per day. That's cool by her.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds like us Bczoom. If the dogs get into something stinky.. they get a bath . We have a hot water tap outside to wash them and to warm up hypothermic calves with :) bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
bc, you got a good dog, I don't blame ya for taking her in the house. It works for you, & that's a good thing!

Shhh Red, Belle's head is big enough already. Now she will be wanting to drive the RTV (again) Remember the ditch episode :) Thanks border