What needs oiled?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Most of you know I am far from mechanically inclined. So I saved enough dollars to take it in to the Athens Kubota dealer. I am very happy with the service. She drives smoother, shifts smoother than ever. As you will see from the parts list I'm attaching you all were right on with what all she needed. front ewe joint, carrier bearing and more.

I sure missed her for the week she was gone but she's home now and purring like a kitten. :D

Attachments

• AllPowerEquiptmentInvoiceRTV2.jpg
    AllPowerEquiptmentInvoiceRTV2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 76

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Bud.......Glad you showed the actual bill for the repair. It shows what things cost so that those of us out here that are putting stuff off can kind of budget in the back of our minds......It sure is good to be confident that your machine is gonna keep on putting out day after day......God bless.....Dennis

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Bud.......Glad you showed the actual bill for the repair. It shows what things cost so that those of us out here that are putting stuff off can kind of budget in the back of our minds......It sure is good to be confident that your machine is gonna keep on putting out day after day......God bless.....Dennis
The labor really surprised me. The shop has a big sign saying $79 an hour for labor. At 138.25 they didn't even charge two hours labor for all that ...and it included an oil change.

If I had attempted it I would have had 10 times the hours and I doubt the repair would have fixed everything. :bonk:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
It always pizzez me off when I see a "shop charge for materials" or "Misc shop".... sometimes based upon a percentage of the total bill.
I REFUSE TO PAY IT! ALWAYS!

They will tell you that it's to recover the costs of paper towels, hand cleaner, WD40, etc etc that is used in all repairs.

I tell them it's because they don't know how to account for the cost of doing business... and I WON'T PAY IT!

It's no different that the café charging you for napkins, salt/pepper, or catsup.

It's BS and I WON'T PAY IT! It's the COST OF DOING BUSINESS. IT'S THE TOOLS OF THE TRADE!

They ALWAYS take it back off the invoice. If we'd all refuse it, they'll quit that B.S.