Poker Run or UTV run

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Have any of you taken your RTV on a poker run or utv run or whatever you call them?

One close by me this Saturday. A 60 mile run. Could be fun.

Just wondering if you think an RTV can handle these typs of runs. Much heavier and more of a work horse than the Polaris Razor which is made for these kinds of runs. So I'm just wondering ....could an RTV do one without being embarrassed.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
My Wife and I would love to do that sometime Doc. Obviously the RTV would not be as fast as the others. But if its a slow cruise, the RTV would be well suited to that I think.

I would probably bring along a little extra fuel - we have 45 miles on ours now and only used half a tank. :)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The run I was looking at is at Creston WV ...a little past Elizibeth WV. Not far for either of us.

https://allevents.in/creston/wv-cre...ternal-link&utm_campaign=past-event-alert-top

They have quite a few videos on youtube of the run and it looks like easy peezy trails. I would think 15 or 20 would be plenty fast enough but I'm sure some with the Razor would want to zoom by and that would not bother me bit ...it's not a race. 60 miles probably would be good to carry extra fuel. No one else would have diesel.

ovrszd

There's a large run near me each Summer. Last year 250 entries. The organizer leads. Says he never goes over 20mph. All on unpaved roads. Last year dust was the biggest issue and caused them to get pretty strung out. I haven't participated but wouldn't hesitate to use the RTV. Would probably end up being the mule for those with no cargo space. :)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I looked at the link and there's no details but I'd contact them to confirm there's no width constrictions. Not sure how prevalent it is now but I know in the past there's been rules on how wide your vehicle could be (I guess to stop Jeeps and dune buggies) and the RTV was too wide for some locations.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm just getting over a bout with pneumonia so it's doubtful I will be ready for the Aug 12th poker run, but I believe they have another one in October that I could gear up for and get an answer to the width question.
Also, I heard they go through some streams ... would need to know how deep. But no matter I suppose to be safe I'd want to have a snorkel installed prior to trying this.

They had 250 or so entrants for their last event. Sounds like a fun day of trail blazing.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Thanks very much for the info. I did look at several clips on youtube of this run. It looked like they run at a pretty brisk pace and a few of the mud hazards might be a little much for my Wife.

But we are still interested in just a leisurely ride through beautiful country.

Yes, I agree about the snorkel - those guys hit the streams pretty hard.

If I was made of money, I'd love to have one of those sporty ones too. But I wouldn't trade my orange off for one. :)

The tomato's should be comin on ripe soon down in Longbottom. Maybe I'll run into you down there.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Let me know when you are heading to long bottom. Maybe you could stop by my place.