RTV X900 Starting Problem Help

PWyler

RTV 900 starting issue

Not meaning to hijack this thread but I am having a starting issue that others may have as well. My RTV will crank just fine but if you don't depress the accelerator just a little it will crank forever and never fire. Just a little depression and you hear a click and it will start just fine. Sounds to me like something getting stuck after shutdown but don't know where to look. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Not meaning to hijack this thread but I am having a starting issue that others may have as well. My RTV will crank just fine but if you don't depress the accelerator just a little it will crank forever and never fire. Just a little depression and you hear a click and it will start just fine. Sounds to me like something getting stuck after shutdown but don't know where to look. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Check the stop solenoid mentioned in this thread. The click you hear sounds like the tink noise I described. It will act just like you mentioned . Good Luck !! collie