2009 RTV1140 new owner - transmission service

abburns

I just got a 2009 RTV1140cpx with 275 hours. I am going to replace the transmission oil (sudt) and the filters. I have read some posts where it is said there are two drain holes and some post say there is one?

Anyone have pictures of where the transmission drain(s) are located?

Also what the fluid capacity of the transmission?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I fixed the link for you.

Congrats Abburns on your new to you RTV 1140. Pics please when you can. and welcome to Net Tractor / RTV talk. Enjoy and post often. :D :thumb:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Messicks Eqpt also has free parts diagrams and information on their Kubota site . You just need to log in with an email address. Then you can access all of the model's information and diagrams . The diagrams are hard to find- sort of_ you have to use the drop down menu a few times to get there by clicking on your model then the specific area you are looking for like front end etc from the side menu... http://www.messicks.com/wiki/kubota/rtv-x1140

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I just got a 2009 RTV1140cpx with 275 hours. I am going to replace the transmission oil (sudt) and the filters. I have read some posts where it is said there are two drain holes and some post say there is one?

Anyone have pictures of where the transmission drain(s) are located?

Also what the fluid capacity of the transmission?

I find it hard to believe no one can give you a definitive answer on this! No one on this forum has ever changed the oil on their 1140? I guess I would call a Kubota dealer and ask the service guys. 275hrs sounds soon to me but I can understand wanting to go through it so you everything is right!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just bought an 09 1140 with 800 hours on it. It is due for it's 2nd hydro oil change. I was also hoping for a definitive answer on this but ..... sorry to say I do not think there are many owners of the RTV 1140 on here.