Idling too fast

doggman

What is the correct way to turn down the idle speed? I feel mine is way too high. It really idles fast when out of gear - to the point where it is noisy to talk by the machine. . My other past and present Kubota equipment didn't idle anything like this. </P>

I backed off the throttle stop bolt but it didn't really make any difference. It looked like the throttle cable might have been been a little too short and was preventing the throttle from returning to idle. I adjusted the cable housing adjustment nuts on each end of the housing (near the injection pump) to effectively lengthen the cable. That helped a wee little bit but I think it also slowed the top speed. </P>

Is the idle adjustment in the governor/pump? Anyhow, I stopped before I really threw something out of whack. Any help would be appreciated. </P>

BTW - is there a spell check for this program? </P>

Craig</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Anonymous"]what model do you have?[/quote]
Aren't all the RTV's the same?

Craig - Sorry, can't help. It's not in the work shop manual and I'm not near the RTV to take a peek. I'd head out to take a look but it's raining and I'm heading out of town in the am.

Brian