RTV-x900, about to pull the pin

WoodyBlue

I currently own a L2501 and LOVE IT!!!! Been looking for a UTV and I have settled on a RTV-x900, camo, I am glad I found this forum.

I live in a hilly part of central KY and need this to get down into the creek bottoms for deer season and fire wood. Not expecting miracles, just dependability. Have asked several local farmers which the would use and why and MOST of them recommend the Kubota over any other, second place is tied between JD Gator and KZ Mules.

Very curious about mods and performance enhancer tips from y'all.

Thanks and I look forward to doing research on here.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to the forum WoodyBlue. :) I have a 2011 RTV 900 and love it. also had a 2005 before that had a K Mule . The RTV is a different animal and a real working machine . Be sure you consider aggressive tires if you are going to be in the wild though because it is a heavy bugger. My neighbor has a Gator and uses it all over his row crop farm. He has had more things break in the 4wd dept and such.. I won't consider one myself because of the belt (transmission) . My RTV has 3400 hrs and no repairs but for the rear ujoints which I did myself at around 1800 hrs- I think. bordercollie

Lee1935

I've only 12 hours on mine, thanks to some tips from this forum I removed the threaded plug on the muffler to see if it would blow out any carbon (it didn't) however I took it out for a short run. Before the top end was 23 mph with the windshield. Today it was 26 mph. Those that know say 50 hours are needed to break it in.

With the high rise air-filter and the plug removed from the muffler even with no hours it's starting to sound like it has a engine.

My muffler goes to the local welding shop very soon, my plan is to use a electric hacksaw cut the end off, remove any wire screen and then weld it back together.

toy.html