Fluid Leak

jwstewar

Staff member
I've got a fluid leak on my little TC24D. I had noticed a small puddle under the tractor the other day, but wasn't sure if it was oil or water (it had rained and a little water runs in under the door to the drain). Well last night the puddle is still there and I noticed the rear axle has some oil residue on it. Haven't had time to look at it yet, so I'm not sure what is going on. I don't know if there truly is a problem or some bolts have worked their way loose. I'm hoping the drain plug is just loose. What bothers me is right after I bought the tractor this same side of the axle was leaking. The dealership fixed it, but I don't know what they did. I'm going to try tightening everything up and see if that fixes. If it doesn't, I'm going to be making a trip to the dealership to see if they happen to have documented what they did to fix it or if they mechanic would know what they did - I know a long, LONG shot after 4+ years.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Give it all a good cleaning while you are tightening so it's easier to see where it's coming from. you also might put something under the tractor (plastic maybe) that would hold the liquid so you might figure out what it is.
Good luck.

jwstewar

Staff member
I haven't had a chance to pursue this much farther - been too busy with other projects. So I keep check the fluids. So far haven't had to add anything.:confused: But I have notice it is coming from a little farther forward than I thought. It is actually dripping on the MMM and running off the edge of it. There are some lines running through there, so it is probably one of those. Which is good, as that will make it an easy fix - hopefully.:hide2: