BX2230D Value

Lednar

Hey all. Just inherited my dad's tractor and looking for a value to be fair to others. Serial 5H521, (Yes H) maybe 2005, with a FEL.
I've looked at asking prices for BX2230D's but don't know how many hours are on it at this time, can't be a lot, and there's a big variables in prices and I have to be sure they have same attachment.

I want to get a discer and bushhog for some small food plots we have for hunting. I've used the loader the few times I've used it at his and my house and loved it. Only have turf tires right now so not sure about going down/up hill at the hunting property to work on a food plot down the hill in southern Ohio. Once I get more comfortable with it I may try.

I'm sure I'll be on here with lots of questions later.
Thanks.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use tractor house for general price comparisons. They have a few like yours listed. Without a FEL in the 7k range. With FEL closer to 10k. That is ballpark as you will see:
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listin...=BX2230D&mdlx=Contains&qss=1&FullText=BX2230D

I also use craigslist for comparison values. But one must remember these are asking prices. In most cases I'd guess they sell for 5% or so less than asking.

For what you are wanting to do AG tires would help you a lot, if they are not cost prohibitive. Sounds like you are deciding whether to keep it or sell. Good luck. I'm on the SE side of Ohio. Marietta area.

Lednar

Thanks Doc, I'm definitely going to keep it. Told my brother he can have the BMW I want the tractor. I just need to find some more attachments and figure out how to use them. Other than the discer and "bushhog" I want to do something about a rear counter balance other than what my dad had rigged up with a wooden box and cinder blocks.
I'm over north of Dayton, but the hunting land is over near Rarden, a couple hours from Marietta.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd never heard of Rarden till now. I see it's in the Portsmouth / Lucasville area of the state. A few more hills down that way than you have to deal with in the Dayton area. A tire upgrade would be highly recommended.

I've seen a lot use the box with cinder blocks for counter balance. It works. Others use a box blade, and set some cinder blocks on top of it if more counter weight is needed.

I was new to tractoring when we bought our property. Lots of info here to help get ya going. One tidbit I'll pass on, when dealing with hills, always try to go straight up or down. Going sideways across a hill if you hit a large rock or raise in the ground it can cause ya to tip over.