SnowEx vs Boss V-Plows

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have a plow on my RTV so I don't know a lot about these.

Not sure but I thought the Boss was a frame mount. The SnowEx appears to be attached to the draw bar. It weighs over 350 pounds. Is the front receiver on the 1100 rated for that kind of weight?

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I have a Boss V blade that is used on a RTV 1100. I have nothing BUT good things to say about it. Have used it for several years without any problem. That's hard to say about any product today. The plow is easy on - easy off and versitile with the "V" configurations.
The plow has its own electro-hydraulic system and is easily operated via a wired remote control.

Hope this info helps in your decision making.

Keifer

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 64
I have had very good experiences with the Boss-V plow on my x1100c, even in heavy snows at 8600 ft. The mule deer like the plowed roads too. I have not had any experience with the Snow-X.

I recently re-purposed the Boss V-plow to knock down and smooth out some dirt piles near my observatory. An all-season plow! :wink:

Attachments

• Kubota RTV Plowing Snow.jpg
    Kubota RTV Plowing Snow.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Mule_deer_cropped.jpg
    Mule_deer_cropped.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Kubota_RTV_winter_sm2.jpg
    Kubota_RTV_winter_sm2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 61
What is the deepest snow you've plowed with an RTV? How wet was the snow?

Not sure who that question is directed to, or if it was a general question for the group.

One morning in town my neighbor was out working on the snow, but his snowblower sounded different than normal. Then I realized he was using a leaf blower rather than his snowblower! That was an unusually dry snow, and very light, but I was amazed that he could blow off his drive with a leaf blower. In Colorado, we try to avoid the wet, sloppy, icy snow that we used to get living in New England, which was often followed by 1/2" of rain to make an icy layer on top of the snow, and render it useless. Yech! But toward the beginning or end of the season here, we can get a little wetter, heavier snow. Thank goodness they do not use salt on the roads here, which I assume is due to the drier snow and colder temperatures. A good snow is a dry, squeaky snow.

I have only had my property for a couple of winters, but a "heavy" snow is probably 18" over that time. I have heard of several feet on occasion in the area, but have not seen that myself. A nearby ski resort (Monarch Mountain, Colorado) got 300" over the 2016-2017 winter, the first winter that I was plowing my property, but that is at higher altitude than my property (10,790' to 11,960' versus my 8500' to 8600').