off road only dump trailer

workinallthetime

Hey fellas
I am sitting around the house for a week or so after surgery to replace a worn out disc in my neck and wondering how would i build a small dump trailer. i found a website were i can order about what i want to build for around 400.00 bucks and it dumps. the link was sent to me and i just shrugged it off until i started looking at wheat it would take to build what im looking for.
http://www.countryatv.com/twinaxleatv.htm
there is the link to what im looking at. My question is where can a guy find all the items needed to make this a 12 volt hyd. lift?
I want to use this to move material that my BH will load while another person runs the 4 wheeler and trialer.
thanks guys

Mark777

Cool project!

I've just about always wanted to build a dump trailer for myself...never seem to find the time to do the research and get started. I'm seriously looking forward to your build when you get underway (so I can steal all of your ideas :D).

Mark

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ditto what Mark said.
I could sure use a trailer like the one pictured in your link. I'm pulling an old tilt bed trailer with my ATV on the trails now, and it's just not up to hauling the rocks and stuff I've been hauling down to the river bank.
Do you have a source for the tires and axles? Once you have that the rest seems very doable. With the price of the hydraulic pumps in Paul's post depending on the price of the axles that $669 price on the trailer might turn out to be quite a deal.

This is what I came up with for my quad. I built one years ago for a 33hp tractor, used hyd on that one.
I have filled this one with dirt, rocks and it dumps with the winch just fine, one handed.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 588
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 578

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice looking trailers. Too heavy for my ATV but I figure my Kubota 3010 could handle it. :thumb: :D

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
This is what I came up with for my quad. I built one years ago for a 33hp tractor, used hyd on that one.
I have filled this one with dirt, rocks and it dumps with the winch just fine, one handed.

rdbrumfield, good job on your trailer. It's so simple I wonder why I could not think of it.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Bob