Instant Garage!

JEC

My toy needs to get under cover from the weather and pine sap. Found it on Craigslist for a song, new in the box!
IMG_20160928_143543006_HDR_zpsgghqy5vb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JEC

We had drivers training in "L" today. Both of them HAD to get their practice in! This is our first utility vehicle! And for some reason while I was building the garage..they kept beeping the horn and giggling!

Mark.Sibole

Same one I had.It lasted about 10 years before it gave out under a heavy snow load when i got sick.
Mine had the side walls,back wall and fron door wall that you could completly enclose.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had one of those as well. I added extra framing to the peak for the snow load.

Eventually, it was wind that ripped it apart. I had it tied down really well so the frame stayed in place but the tarp material just couldn't take it. I wouldn't trust those stakes that go into the ground at each post to hold it there if you get any decent wind. And it doesn't take much, especially with the sides on which captures the air and makes it want to fly.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I still see them (but not sure if they're cached on my end...).

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now the photos reappeared! With
tags visible. A half hour ago just the tags were there, not the intended photos.

Oh well apparently just an 'anomaly' as the programmers used to say.

Mark.Sibole

Your right the stakes wont hold it well.I added some tie downs on mione to some long stakes to hold it in place.Mine eventuallr ripped like I said due to a snow load but the material was really weak from UV rays.But it was still a very good investment. and Pics still there for me .Ill try refreshing the page and see if they stay or go..

Mark.Sibole

Your right the stakes wont hold it well.I added some tie downs on mione to some long stakes to hold it in place.Mine eventuallr ripped like I said due to a snow load but the material was really weak from UV rays.But it was still a very good investment. and Pics still there for me .Ill try refreshing the page and see if they stay or go..nope still there even with a different browser

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
What brands of shelters did you guys get that lasted beyond its second year? I had the HF 20x20 and re-tarped it three times after it was destroyed by wind in its second winter, each time. Last time the torn tarp bent the skeleton so I haven't re-used it. Failure in each case started with the grommets and then the perimeter rope ripping out.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't see any duplicate posts in this thread. ??????

Doc, you know anybody who does exorcisms?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see Mark's post twice.

ShelterLogic sounds familiar for the brand I've used.

JEC

I went to harbor freight and bought a set of four ratchet straps and those dog chain screws that go in the ground. I also bought those ten inch tent stakes for each foot.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I went to harbor freight and bought a set of four ratchet straps and those dog chain screws that go in the ground. I also bought those ten inch tent stakes for each foot.
You had better luck than I did with those. The nails and dog screws pulled out when the ground got wet. I added multiple cinder blocks suspended from ropes (near the ground) at each post, that finally stabilized it.

Here's an old photo
of my 20 x 20 HF shade cover back when it was still in good condition. Apparently that size catches too much wind and stresses the tarp grommets too much. I gave up after none of three tarps survived a second winter.

Last edited: