Kubota RTV 1100 keeps quiting HELP

deitz

I have a 2009 Kubota rtv 1100 diesel. It keeps cutting out when driving. If I am sitting still and rev and rev it, it never misses. But the minute I start driving, it starts cutting out. Can someone please help. I have tried and tried to bleed the injectors but nothing helps. Thank you all in advance. God bless

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, Have you changed the fuel filter? It sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. bordercollie

deitz

Thanks Bordercollie for the response. No I have never changed it. I was reading that there is two fuel filters? is that correct? I know where the one is, right beside the fuel tank. If that is is how do I go about changing it? do I need to bleed lines and etc?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think that may be your problem and so should be an easy fix. I don't have an 1100 but a 900 . My 900 has 1 filter near the fuel tank I just use 2 of those hose clamps( vice grips) to cut off the fuel when I change it so that it won't pour out the lines. Look at how the old filter is on before u remove it and orient the new one the same way. I always let some diesel fill up the new filter the best it can so that there won't be as much air in the lines. You can go to the Messick's Equipment site and enter your address , then, you can view diagrams of the fuel system etc and find out location(s) on your 1100. Also check your air filter because they can also make an engine cut out if they are clogged. Sure don't forget the spark arrestor. My 2011 900's arrestor was inside the tail pipe You will see 2 bolts holding on the tailpipe if that is the case. Arrestors clog and cause of sluggish macchines.
Well good luck and God Bless you too. collie

edit, I have never had to bleed my machine when changing the fuel filter because I fill the new filter as much as I can before hooking up the last hose.

Last edited:

deitz

Changed the fuel filter and blew out the line from the tank. Worked like a charm. Thanks Mr. Bordercollie for your help.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is awesome Deitz. I glad I was able to help. If your tank is really dirty inside , it may need to be changed again before too long or even the tank cleaned. I learned all of my trouble shooting from the Lord blessing me with great parents. They took me along as they did many chores. I spent many an hour as a small toddler in a cardboard box, next to Daddy while he fixed things. I still remember toys he gave me to play with while in the box by him- a screwdriver and anything ith nuts, bolts or screws on it. I knew better that to poke out my eye haha . I had a great Mama and Daddy. Thanks to the Lord.
I have an old diesel engine of Daddys that is called a Deitz or something like that. judy aka bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you're all fixed up!

BC - Dietz makes lanterns. Deutz makes diesel engines.

OrangeBuggy

That is awesome Deitz. I glad I was able to help. If your tank is really dirty inside , it may need to be changed again before too long or even the tank cleaned. I learned all of my trouble shooting from the Lord blessing me with great parents. They took me along as they did many chores. I spent many an hour as a small toddler in a cardboard box, next to Daddy while he fixed things. I still remember toys he gave me to play with while in the box by him- a screwdriver and anything ith nuts, bolts or screws on it. I knew better that to poke out my eye haha . I had a great Mama and Daddy. Thanks to the Lord.
I have an old diesel engine of Daddys that is called a Deitz or something like that. judy aka bordercollie

Same here on going with Dad, That's how we learned. You said you rode in a box...lol, and I thought that was my trick. I'd take my oldest grandson with me on the ATV. Had an old tall Pepsi crate strapped on the back rack. He rode many a miles in that crate checking irrigation and crops.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Same here on going with Dad, That's how we learned. You said you rode in a box...lol, and I thought that was my trick. I'd take my oldest grandson with me on the ATV. Had an old tall Pepsi crate strapped on the back rack. He rode many a miles in that crate checking irrigation and crops.

Orange buggy, I remember like yesterday sitting in that cardboard box on the ground - right next to him working and then when I got to where I could walk, there was the old (even back then) high wheeled Yazoo mower that I investigated almost daily :) Good days and special memories that I cherish and a working relationship that continued .

OrangeBuggy

Orange buggy, I remember like yesterday sitting in that cardboard box on the ground - right next to him working and then when I got to where I could walk, there was the old (even back then) high wheeled Yazoo mower that I investigated almost daily :) Good days and special memories that I cherish and a working relationship that continued .

Cory still remembers that crate, still has it. The years have moved on and he is now The Farmer. Proud of him.

aarkie

I'm glad you got it. I was going to tell you to check fuel flow from the tank when you had the filter out and if it was low to clean out the line. You may want to run it low on fuel and get someone with small hands to reach in and clean the tank.