transporting

jeff963

Banned
Well, i am actually looking for a decent but affordable ramps as my budget is a little bit tight. I got this site from onoyher forum thinking if it reliable or not? Have you tried getting one of these?

And if so, which of these ramps is the best?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I poked around (starting with their highest $ ramps) but still couldn't find any specs on their rating.

Personally, I wouldn't use them. Sure, they may be rated to hold your RTV but they're all laid on a bumper which is held up with 2 cables that won't probably hold your RTV.

Got a friend or relative with a trailer?

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I've had a pair of the individual arched tailgate ramps for years. They were originally a Christmas present from my M-I-L because I spent so much time hauling her riding mowers around.

Mine are rated for 750 pounds each and do what they are supposed to do without failure (so far) but I don't think that I've loaded anything approaching their full capacity.

If your loading into something that's high, like the back of a 4x4 pickup, it's best to use the safety chains or wires and tie them down. When the full weight of what you're loading hits those ramps, the back end of the truck will squat. That's not a problem until the weight starts to come off the ramps and the back end starts to rise back up, the ramps don't come with it and the fingers on the end of the ramps are only about 3" long. They can come close to sliding off the tailgate altogether if they're not tied down.