New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work

CoveyBruce

Hi All,
I have a New Holland TC35D tractor with a 16LA front loader that the hydraulics will not work on. I was doing some clearing with it and by the end of the day the hydraulics started to get a little bumpy and the next morning they didn't work at all. So I took the pump apart didn't see anything unusual so put it back together, but when I started it up it and had it on full throttle the hydraulics started to barely work like every 20 seconds or so it would move some. So I let it sit another night and the next morning it wouldn't move again took apart the pump and it did the some thing. (The 3-point is also doing it)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bruce

rj's barn

I've had similar problems before and it was generally just dirt or gear shavings stuck in a valve causing it to bypass all of the pressure from the pump and not build pressure to do work. Since you ran the loader all day working it I'd pick on that one first after I made sure the filter wasn't plugged off or had a ripped element.

CoveyBruce

Another thing is that the HST is still working.
Someone said it shouldn't be the filter if this is.
Is this correct?

I have ordered a filter so it should come in a few days.

rj's barn

I have no idea about HST New Holland drives. If the HST and the other hydraulics all come off the same pump then that puts me in the middle of confusion on how your tractor is doing what it is doing. I would have expected a different pump to drive the HST system.

CoveyBruce

The HST and the steering have their own pumps and the 3-point and loader have a pump. But the loader, 3-point and HST all share the main Hydraulic filter.

20/20

Must be these tractors are known for this? My friend has the 50t(I believe)and the same thing has happened to him twice. 1st time the dealer told him he must have got a friday or monday machine, because they forgot to tighten some bolts inside, tractor had to be split in half. 2nd time it happened was during the oil change figured air got traped in the system just kept working (hours) and it finally started working. Dealer said they'd look but wouldn't offer much info over the phone. Course they get 150.00 transport fee each way 10 miles plus hrly wage. I've also heard of a couple others having issue's with the hydraulics. Sure hope you can get it figured out, overall they seem to be a fairly nice machine