This came in the driveway yesterday

RydForLyf

The self leveling feature sounds nice. I have put some dirt and mulch on my head and lap a few times with my skid steer.

It is nice most of the time. It gets annoying when grading and every time you lift the boom up a bit the bucket curls out some. That means you're forever adjusting the bucket instead of just being able to drop the booms and go. Being able to turn off the self leveling would be nice for times like these.

-RFL

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It is nice most of the time. It gets annoying when grading and every time you lift the boom up a bit the bucket curls out some. That means you're forever adjusting the bucket instead of just being able to drop the booms and go. Being able to turn off the self leveling would be nice for times like these.

-RFL

Yes, It has a switch to turn it off. And, I most likely will keep it off for a while. It's just something about keeping the bucket level manually.. sorta like that feeling you get when shifting a car.......satisfaction I guess it is called. bordercollie

RydForLyf

Yes, It has a switch to turn it off. And, I most likely will keep it off for a while. It's just something about keeping the bucket level manually.. sorta like that feeling you get when shifting a car.......satisfaction I guess it is called. bordercollie

That's good to hear. I wish my loader had one. Maybe it does and I just don't know it.

-RFL

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Bordercollie, see what happens when you're on Santa's "nice" list. :clap:

Since I didn't get one I can only assume that I'm on the "naughty" list. Strange, i can't remember doing anything bad. Well, no worse than usual. I guess having good intentions doesn't count. :bonk:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks East Texas Frank. I think there is an ulterior motive.... more w o r k to do with it. ha ha. (It won't feel like work in that seat) I am glad to have the machine but I sure dread the first scratches and feed dust....Oh well I feel the same way every time I pressure washed the old one. I used the devil out of the 252B when we got it. I never did get through with all the Katrina trees - some were so big I left them to rot.. It saved me a lot of grief and backache though.My favorite use is to push the dirt bucket teeth at an angle to the root of thorn trees/lemon trees and go forward and lift.Lifts the root ball and all like pulling up a turnip. :) I love not fooling with a chain and gladly do without the job the thorns do on my hands . bordercollie :)

Last edited:

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
BorderCollie, I'd say the the BIL is saying "Thanks for a job well done." Think about it, who could he find to replace you that has as much ownership and care for the farm and animals as you do, without belly aching and stealing him blind? The only answers are his wife and himself. As I recall, the wife (your sister) is already enagaged with the farm work, and the BIL is making the living to keep the farm afloat while working weekends on the farm. All in all, the cost of the new Cat is a drop in the hat that keeps the BIL sane by not worrying about the farm activities that you are confidently handling with care. The Cat is a reward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the GREAT work!

Philip

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks pepr, The bil works a number of shifts per week while we keep the farm going. We cover all the bases - The RTV has been a real asset to me- It is our aim to keep improving the herd and so far so good. We are getting more and more efficient in doing things- like building lanes to move cows to the barn instead of chasing them over creation to get them there.Other labor saving things like the feed wagon and this Cat to load it with. Years ago, we sacked cotton seed and fed buckets of crushed corn by the ton in the coldest of the winter.... Now, we have no hired help and I like it that way- If I put a tool in the RTV or the shop- it stays there till I lose it.... haha. Beautiful weather today and I will finish up the new machine's top coating and start getting use to it's tight controls- and radio :). bordercollie

Mark.Sibole

Loks like you will enjoy it a lot.Nothing like heat or air when needed.I wish I would have gotten a CAB on my 900 when i bought it but at the time I didnt think the cold would raise so much grief with my MS.