X1100C Driving Lights

Nevadablue

I started to install the LED driving lights I bought on a recommendation from here. They are quite nice, $20 for the pair from Amazon. I had planned on making my own brackets using ideas found here too, but I discovered that the factory mounts that came with the lights are perfect. So, I decided to mount one and see what it looks like. I took off one of the two-bolt plates that hold the roof on, just to see if the factory drilled the hole for me. Surprise! Not only did they drill the holes, they ran the wires out and into a pocket in the rubber block under the plate. And, the wires have a socket installed already. Cool... but then I noticed that one of the lights is not correct. The holes for the mounting bolts aren't threaded... grrr... I can fix it, but I shouldn't have to, so I put everything away and sent a note to the vendor. As I was putting them away, I came across the original tail lights for the RTV. The turn signal kit comes with new tail lights it seems, AND, it appears that one of the plugs on the light will fit the socket for the driving lights. That was good news.
I'll get pics of everything when I actually install the lights. Snow headed this way.

sunnyside

I started to install the LED driving lights I bought on a recommendation from here. They are quite nice, $20 for the pair from Amazon. I had planned on making my own brackets using ideas found here too, but I discovered that the factory mounts that came with the lights are perfect. So, I decided to mount one and see what it looks like. I took off one of the two-bolt plates that hold the roof on, just to see if the factory drilled the hole for me. Surprise! Not only did they drill the holes, they ran the wires out and into a pocket in the rubber block under the plate. And, the wires have a socket installed already. Cool... but then I noticed that one of the lights is not correct. The holes for the mounting bolts aren't threaded... grrr... I can fix it, but I shouldn't have to, so I put everything away and sent a note to the vendor. As I was putting them away, I came across the original tail lights for the RTV. The turn signal kit comes with new tail lights it seems, AND, it appears that one of the plugs on the light will fit the socket for the driving lights. That was good news.
I'll get pics of everything when I actually install the lights. Snow headed this way.
Sounds good. I'd be interested in doing the same on my X1100C. Pics would be great to see how they look on your machine.

Nevadablue

I will get pics when I install them. The vendor is sending a new set of lights. I don't have a place to work inside right now, but that should change soon. I made space in one of my shipping containers to park the RTV out of the weather, but found that the cement I have stored in there is in the way and I can't get OUT of the container with it there. I got the RTV in, but had to back out... LOL, or live in there. I'll put the cement someplace and then I will have a nice warm, dry place to work.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Got the light bars installed on the front and back of the rtv. Will light up the night. Mounted the rear light to headache rack so I could aim the light with the dump bed. Works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 458

Nevadablue

Got the light bars installed on the front and back of the rtv. Will light up the night. Mounted the rear light to headache rack so I could aim the light with the dump bed. Works great.

How did you run the wiring for the light mounted on the bed? I like that idea.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Got the lights at superbrightled. Have a discount code if interested, only 5% but still better than nothing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 427

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
ok. what is that cover over your tranny? is that the recall Kubota sent out this summer?

I don't know. Also has a rubber shield I haven't seen on other machines. Anybody else have this piece?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 421

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that is interesting. that is the place where mine caught fire. I suppose that shield is there to keep stuff off of the manifold.

Nevadablue

Well, interesting. Thanks for the extra pictures. I've not seen that rubber thing either. I have to go to my dealer on Monday to re-sign the papers on my rig. Seems they got the wrong S/N on the paperwork the first time. Hopefully my heat shield and mirrors will be there then.
I did get my replacement LED lights just now. Yesterday I got a space cleaned out so I can park the Great Pumpkin inside and have a nice place to work on it. Maybe next weekend I can get some accessories installed.

Nevadablue

One more question... where did you tap power for the bed light. I see it coming out from under the cab I think, but I'm not sure where to get the power.

1100C

Sorry for reserecting an almost year old thread, but it is relevant. I'm a proud new owner of a camo x1100c. I'm contemplating adding factory LED work lights front and rear. I'd like to know if the factory has the harness already installed or do I have to pull the headliner and install theirs or my own?

I'm also awaiting delivery of the rear screen and turn signal kit, which as Nevada stated seems to be plug and play. Thanks in advance for any assistance.