plow vs blower debate

Danocheese

Well we are back to a normal winter here in southern Minnesota. I gave the plow truck away and now only have the tractor with bucket and 6 foot blower. I have only blown the entire drive once. 1800 feet. Now in front of the garge and shop I have removed the same drift about 6 times. Same thing with the entrance to the drive way. ''I think just haveing a blower to remove snow from select areas is working pretty well. I don't think the old plow truck would have been able to keep the entrance pushed back, it was three foot deep tongiht when I got home.

There is that little issue of open cab vs truck with radio and heat.

Brutus

Never minding operator comfort, a blower is the best way to get rid of snow. With a plow or even a loader, you create piles along with the possibility of having those piles create even larger drifts. With snow, gone is good!!

trrjohn

Blower is the best way. Keeps the banks down to minimize drifting. The Original Tractor Cab company has wind break cabs that keep you out of the blowing snow.
J

PBinWA

Depends on the snow conditions. My blower doesn't work very well when the snow is wet and slushy. Then it's plow time.

In most cases I can plow faster than I can blow. But if the snow is accumulating fast then it's best to blow.

It's all about having the right tool for the job.

Ductape

I'm not understanding why having a blower means losing operator comfort.

Admittedly, I've had the debate with my FIL about front blower vs. rear blower + FEL. For me..... one i put the blower on in late fall, i never have the need for my loader till spring. Knocking back the snowbanks?? No problem, I blow them back 40'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cezepw_J0tg

B3030013.jpg

Pmalloney

Hello there, I need help, I am compiling a website just for tractors, to date I have gathered 386 individual farming tractor brands and I hope to document every farm tractor make and model ever made. In particular I am looking for videos and images of rare oldtimer tractors, such as Chamberlain, Fairbanks Morse or Massey-Harris. I can be contacted at the following email address admin (at) youtractor.com. Any content you provide will remain your property and you will be credited with it.

I look forward to hearing from you

Patrick Malloney
http://www.YouTractor.com