Anyone know why...

mobilus

Anyone know why some images don't come up for me? On some, all I get is a box with an X in it. Maybe some setting I've got wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Mith

Mark, the settings in your user CP look good, so I'd suggest that maybe your computer is blocking them.
If you are looking from your home computer then maybe you have a firewall that isnt allowing them to load properly.
Sometimes the pictures dont come up for me, but refreshing the page sorts it, but it sounds like they arent coming up atall on your computer.

I'm assuming the picture I'll attach below does not show up for you?
blank-photo-lg.gif

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
They look fine to me.

Another possibility is that your ISP blocks links to Photobucket, or has some other trick to reduce their cost of internet traffic. Those old-house photos are 250k each.

I recall AmericaOnLine was criticized for buffering photos from outside as reduced-size copies stored in their own server. Members never did see the original versions of photos as posted elsewhere. I suspect something similar.

mobilus

No guys, I am at work...and that may have something to do with it. Our comm folks prevent us from going to Photobucket or any photo repositories. I'll check it at home. I bet that's the problem. Many thanks!:tiphat:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Archdean did a great job on your panorama.

Here it is so you won't have to wait to go home to see it.

Jim

Attachments

• panorama.jpg
    panorama.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 24
No guys, I am at work...and that may have something to do with it. Our comm folks prevent us from going to Photobucket or any photo repositories. I'll check it at home. I bet that's the problem. Many thanks!:tiphat:

Well, just remember more companies are running checks on internet usage of their employees...before they make them ex-employees...:eek:

Be careful on your internet excursions while at work...:hide: