Cannot see photos

K

Kanook

Thanks for the info Kanook. I hope others having the issue will chime in with what broswer they are running.
What still baffles me is that I think they could see the pics just the other day.
Yes, IE8 was displaying pics prior to sometime yesterday..something changed that my IE8 doesn't like:pat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is weird Jim. I just fired up another computer that runs IE7 and without logging in to NTT I can see the pics in this thread. I've no clue why you can't see them. We'll keep at it till we figure something out ...right now I simply do not know what to do.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
XP and Firefox here, both with latest updates. I see everything using Firefox. I am logged into NTT perpetually.

I just fired up my seldom-used IE, version 7.0530.11.

Using IE7, and not logged in, I see only the small red X in Zoom's post #2. Then I see pictures in posts #8 and #33.

Strange! :shock:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Doc I dont know if this has anything to do with any changes or the pic problems . But I did notice at about the same time I dont receive an email notification that theres been a post made in a thread that I had posted in . Seems odd as well . I haven,t changed any settings . Best of luck . Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As a test, if someone has any image that is not jpg please post it and lets see if it shows. I'm thinking it's tied to the jpg extension that I had to change the size of, and it's simply not right. I've recreated it twice now to no eval.

Please upload a png, gif or some other pic type and lets see if that shows up for everyone.

I found a gif ....but if you have others please upload them

Attachments

• moss1.gif
    moss1.gif
    56 KB · Views: 36

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I'm on IE8 now and can no longer see the pics, just the red x.

Except for the Minnesota Outdoors gif, I can see that.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
As a test, if someone has any image that is not jpg please post it and lets see if it shows. I'm thinking it's tied to the jpg extension that I had to change the size of, and it's simply not right. I've recreated it twice now to no eval.

Please upload a png, gif or some other pic type and lets see if that shows up for everyone.

I found a gif ....but if you have others please upload them

Doc I can see the Gif here . But nothing posted since . Thats what I found odd . one of the newer members posted something as an attachment in a few posts & I could see it . But No ones regular pics if that makes sense .:pat:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
pdf:
View attachment USBParallel.pdf

gif:
networthtrend.gif

png:
HelpImBeingEnlightened-userpic-56921-100x100.png

bmp:
View attachment 3528

Added: Since the point here is that some things are invisible, I'll list what you should see above:

pdf (I just see the link, not the red/gray pdf symbol)
then examples of
gif
png
bmp

... And I just learned that you can't add photos when you go back to edit your post.

Last edited:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
This is weird, with Firefox I can see them. With IE8 I can't. Except for the gif's.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Now I can see the ones in Posts #,s 55 & 56 . Dont know if that helps . I Just Noticed the BMP shows a red X in post 56 .