Members having trouble & guests: Post your problems here!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Due to the problems which have arose since the migration of CTR data into the NTT database I have opened up posting here for all.
This means non members / guests / anyone can post to this thread.

Please give detail of your problem and your user name and I will look into it.

If you prefer to email me that is okay just include as much info as possible. My email is:
doc
AT
nettractortalk.com

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
OK, here goes.... I loged bac k in with the password that you gave me, went to the thread on finding the info on a kabota engine. Clicked on a jpg and it came up that I had to log-in to view the picture. Then a log-in windo came up. I loged in with the new password and the picture of the engine came up.But when I hit the back button to go back to the website it went to the windo that said I would be redirected then the picture of the engine would come back up.the only way to get back to the website is to go back to the bookmark to the site.Sooooo......Hope this helps, I marvel at you folks that understand this stuff!!!!I can sit down and wire the control system of a power plant but the soft ware part is a mistory to me.......

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
PS. Doc I dont know what you did but it looks like the log-on thing is fixed Ill try the picture thing and see what happens. Before the pictures would just appear where it said atachments, now there are just numbers and jpg or some such and to see the pictures i had to click on it to see the pic. think Il right click and see if i can open in a new tab and see what happens when I close that tab, if it takes me back to the thread.....Guess the worst that can happen is something will go BOOM!!! Later... Jerry:tiphat:

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Ok Doc, I just went to Mulemans thread #1 and bingo!!!! the pictures came up like magic!! Gues that is why you get the big bucks!!!!! Later Jerry.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
OK, here goes.... I loged bac k in with the password that you gave me, went to the thread on finding the info on a kabota engine. Clicked on a jpg and it came up that I had to log-in to view the picture. Then a log-in windo came up. I loged in with the new password and the picture of the engine came up.But when I hit the back button to go back to the website it went to the windo that said I would be redirected then the picture of the engine would come back up.the only way to get back to the website is to go back to the bookmark to the site.Sooooo......Hope this helps, I marvel at you folks that understand this stuff!!!!I can sit down and wire the control system of a power plant but the soft ware part is a mistory to me.......

Backing up typically will not keep you logged in as it does not refresh your cookies.

U

Unregistered

Can't Log In

User name on old site was sjcolu, had to change username for unknown reason. New username is 10PT was logged in fine in the beginning of transaction now cannot login period. have tried password reset several times, cookies etc.

Doc,

I can see the pictures and log in.........but ihave to login every time.......the stay logged in doesnt work........

rusty anvil

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I found when I cleared the site's cookies from my browser, it cleared up that problem for me.

This post describes how I cleared the cookies for this site without touching any other cookies. I use Firefox. About 3 posts below that, Doc described how to clear cookies if you use Internet Explorer.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
User name on old site was sjcolu, had to change username for unknown reason. New username is 10PT was logged in fine in the beginning of transaction now cannot login period. have tried password reset several times, cookies etc.

I have just checked your sjcolu account and re-saved it with a new password. I emailed you the password.
Hope that fixes it all for you, if not let me know and we'll keep working at it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc,

I can see the pictures and log in.........but ihave to login every time.......the stay logged in doesnt work........

rusty anvil
Hey Rusty, at least you can log in now. We'll get to the bottom of the cookie issues. Like CA said, if you can clear all cookies that will fix the 'remember me' option.
Another option would be for you do download firefox browser and use it instead of IE. It would not have any cookies saved yet so that would be a fresh start.
Google firefox download and go to the mozilla link and download it. Then click it to install the software and you should be good to go.
Or you might try googles browser: Chrome. I hear it's okay but have never used it myself.
If you clear all cookies on your current browser be sure to then restart your browser or even reboot before you try to connect again. This will ensure you are starting with a clear slate.
Good luck and let me know if you need other assistance.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ok Doc, I just went to Mulemans thread #1 and bingo!!!! the pictures came up like magic!! Gues that is why you get the big bucks!!!!! Later Jerry.
Awesome!!!!! Glad it is now working for you.
We are slow but sure getting to the bottom of all the issues. :D

....now about them BIG Bucks ...Where are they????? Somehow they never make it all the way to me. :(