Cannot see photos

jwstewar

Staff member
Nope, and now that I've logged back in, I can't see the pictures that I was seeing before. In the case of the first one listed in this thread, that isn't a bad thing.

M

muleman

I am running XP with all current updates. I am using Firefox with plugins for media player 11 and shockwave and Quicktime and have no problems. Give Brian and Doc a little time and they will figure it out. I had an email glitch when Vbulletin software updated and they found it and fixed it.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Still no pics here Doc . Windows XP , IE8 browser , cookies & cache cleared . I,ve only had the problem the last few days . No problems on any other forums . Bob

jwstewar

Staff member
No problems with photos on FF or TBN, so it looks like it something specific with NTT.

Good luck Doc. Guess I better get working, I'll check back in a little later.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made a change to the cookie settings. Now I'm hoping if you clear your cookies that will allow you to see the pics. Sorry for the inconvenience. :hide:

C

Captain

Red "X" is still there.

I also use IE and Windows XP. Tried deleting history, etc to no avail. Would appreciate a fix that would still filter that sister's image. Cap

K

Kanook

IE8 seems to be the culprit in my case. Can see the pics using Chrome

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made a change just to this forum. If you have trouble seeing pics in other forums, can you see them here?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
hmmm this is crazy. Cowboy you looked on page one for a pic right? I'll post one here also ...but I opened pics up to guests ...so everyone has permission to see them. Logged in or not. One of you who cannot see them please log out and then view this page and tell me if you can see the pic of the antique snowcat. Thanks for your help. :tiphat:

Attachments

• antique-Sno-Cat22.jpg
    antique-Sno-Cat22.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 57

jwstewar

Staff member
There is something really screwy going on here. Whenever I log out, it still keeps me logged in. Like it isn't deleting my cookie. When I deleted them earlier, they went away for all other websites. Now that I think about it, I had an issue with this one then.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry Doc , Yes I did go to the first page . I even cleaned all My cookies again , Rebooted . Just logged in & out & logged in again , I still cant see any pics . :hide:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
FYI. You should be able to log out and then see the pic. If not it is a browser issue. What browser are you running. We might find all who can't see the pics are running the same browser.
Everyone should be able to see pics in this thread. It's open to the members and non members alike.

K

Kanook

Browser dependant problem

The big X instead of a picture is browser related. Whatever changes took place affects viewing the forum pics when I use Explorer8. I have set Google Chrome as my default browser and all works ok. I even turned off the security setting in IE8 to see if they were blocking the pics, but it had no effect. Would be curious to see if all the users that are experiencing the problem are using IE8.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info Kanook. I hope others having the issue will chime in with what broswer they are running.
What still baffles me is that I think they could see the pics just the other day.

jwstewar

Staff member
I am using IE8. I could view all pics up until the last day or so. Then I could view some but not others. Now that I've cleaned cache & cookies, I can't see any of them.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I am using IE8. I could view all pics up until the last day or so. Then I could view some but not others. Now that I've cleaned cache & cookies, I can't see any of them.

Same here IE8 . Like I said I cant even see the pics I ever posted now . Whatever it is Its just affected me this week & only on this site . So I dont know . :sorry: