New Forum

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I liked ArchDean's idea of having a forum for showing us your place. So I created one.
10 Rep points for the 1st 9 threads started in there that have to do with the forum subject.
20 rep points for the 10th thread started in there. I hate to have forums with single digit threads. Help me out here please. :thumb:

Here's a link to the new forum:
[URL="http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30"]Show Us Your Place
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks to California who took care of fixing this for me. I cut and pasted the address but didn't remove the 1st http. :pat:
Thanks for fixing it Chris. :thumb:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If you get enough of them, I think you get a certificate good for a free cup of Starbucks coffee! :)

Dougster

I thought the certificate was free but you still have to pay for the coffee :hide2:

Dougster

Old Member
Kinda like a roundtoit. :yum: Like Dougster said, you can redeem them for a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Tell em Dougster sent ya.
I thought the certificate was free but you still have to pay for the coffee :hide2:
Apologies to Ted... and Doc too! I keep getting mixed-up on this key point. Perhaps Jim's explanation solves the confusion once and for all. The certificate is absolutely free... but the Starbucks coffee still costs megabucks!!! ;)

Dougster

Attachments

• Starbucks Certificate.JPG
    Starbucks Certificate.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 21

xPosTech

Apologies to Ted... and Doc too! I keep getting mixed-up on this key point. Perhaps Jim's explanation solves the confusion once and for all. The certificate is absolutely free... but the Starbucks coffee still costs megabucks!!!

Uhmm...I suspected as much. If one were to receive one of these certificates, would it offend anyone if it was redeemed at Dunkin' Donuts instead?:whistle: I don't want to get flamed:bash: or (Heaven forbid) banned.:eek:

I have tried Starbucks several times over the years. Each time I was disappointed. I like dark roasted coffee, but (to me) it always tastes burned:yuk: (the roast). I like strong:bb: coffee, but I don't like to have to thin it down. I have an expresso machine, but I don't drink it constantly.:badidea:

I routinely drink Community Dark Roast, made pretty strong.:thumb: When I want a treat, I'll grind up some Columbian, also roasted dark.:biggrin:

If you guys like Starbucks, that's great. I respect your tastes. If we all had the same tastes, we would all have RED tractors.:cool:

The really great thing about Starbucks is they give away 70lb bags of wet grounds for the composters.:thumb: Those grounds really do a number on your compost. You know, like burning a field to rejuvenate the grass.:wink: Check with your local Starbucks.

Now I'll go hide.:hide2:
Ted

Dougster

Old Member
If you guys like Starbucks, that's great. I respect your tastes. If we all had the same tastes, we would all have RED tractors. :cool:
Starbucks is the official coffee of the Dougster Backhoe & Tractor Services Company... even though I cannot yet afford to consume it myself. :eek: And what's wrong with Red Tractors??? :confused: Is there any other kind??? :D

I am still trying to get Doc to adopt Starbucks as the official coffee brand of NTT! :thumb:

Dougster

I have tried Starbucks several times over the years. Each time I was disappointed. I like dark roasted coffee, but (to me) it always tastes burned:yuk: (the roast). I like strong:bb: coffee, but I don't like to have to thin it down. :biggrin:
Ted

Ted, I have to agree with you. The wife and I like regular ol black coffee and Starbucks has managed to make theirs so bitter that after you have tried theirs you wouldn't drink it again.:yuk: We figure that they have done that on purpose so that the next time, you buy one of their super high buck flavored coffees.:forgetit: I figure that if you want one of their flavored drinks, well you really didn't want coffee anyway. I figure that a lot of people use it as a status thing. They must, because their coffee is horrible and we don't really care much about that sort of thing.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I never cared for Starbucks fancy coffees either. Brian I think you have them figured out. Good job. :D :thumb:

Dougster, I don't care if you all want to make Starbucks the offical NTT coffee ...that is as long as I'm NOT buying. :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
I figure that a lot of people use it as a status thing. They must, because their coffee is horrible and we don't really care much about that sort of thing.
I never cared for Starbucks fancy coffees either. Brian I think you have them figured out. Good job. :D :thumb: Dougster, I don't care if you all want to make Starbucks the official NTT coffee ...that is as long as I'm NOT buying. :yum:
Oh Man!!! :rolleyes: Listen to you two rich guys "DISSING" the expensive, gourmet, status symbol coffee that I aspire to afford and consume someday. :eek: If I don't have this nifty "reward" to look forward to someday, what the heck am I working for??? :(

Dougster

Oh Man!!! :rolleyes: Listen to you two rich guys "DISSING" the expensive, gourmet, status symbol coffee that I aspire to afford and consume someday. :eek: If I don't have this nifty "reward" to look forward to someday, what the heck am I working for??? :(

Dougster

Hey Doug, maybe it's one of those things that you think that you really want and then once you've had it you wonder what's all the hype about?
I know, I know, it's not having it, it's being able to have it that matters.:yankchain: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Hey Doug, maybe it's one of those things that you think that you really want and then once you've had it you wonder what's all the hype about? I know, I know, it's not having it, it's being able to have it that matters.:yankchain: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow:
You must remember that I used to have it fairly regularly when I actually held a real job and could pay my bills. In fact, toward the end of my employment, my employer switched from an undrinkable no-name swill brand to Starbucks coffee... which was always free for the making and pouring (albeit not quite as good as what you got in the actual shops).

Some say that the switch to Starbucks was meant as a warning and precursor to my layoff... a twisted and cruel way of making sure my layoff was even worse than it otherwise would have been! :eek: And indeed... the switch was actually promoted and accepted by the same two people who did me in. :(

But despite that unfortunate "history"... Starbucks remains the Gold Standard in fine gourmet coffees. I actually prefer their "Seattle's Best" brand (which doesn't have such a different/distinctive taste)... but it's been nearly impossible to find anywhere around Dougster Manor for several years now... whereas there's a Starbucks going up on practically every corner. :)

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Guess I really live in the sticks. No Starbucks on any corner in any town near me. One hotel close to work has a little Startbucks stand where they sell it, but we don't even have a full fledged store with wifi and all the neat stuff.

Dougster

Old Member
Guess I really live in the sticks. No Starbucks on any corner in any town near me. One hotel close to work has a little Startbucks stand where they sell it, but we don't even have a full fledged store with wifi and all the neat stuff.
Clearly (to me anyway), it's the little things that make the big difference between the life all you rich folks lead and being dirt poor like me. I don't lust openly for your expensive green and orange tractors... or giant, multi-million dollar properties in the mountains out on the left coast... but dang, it would be nice to one day be able to afford a cup of Starbucks coffee again. :eek:

Consider yourself very fortunate that the temptation and pleasure of Starbucks coffee is not an everyday challenge to your senses and wallet like it is for me. Under current circumstances, you are far better off than I am. :eek:

Dougster

Clearly (to me anyway), it's the little things that make the big difference between the life all you rich folks lead and being dirt poor like me. I don't lust openly for your expensive green and orange tractors... or giant, multi-million dollar properties in the mountains out on the left coast... but dang, it would be nice to one day be able to afford a cup of Starbucks coffee again. :eek:

Consider yourself very fortunate that the temptation and pleasure of Starbucks coffee is not an everyday challenge to your senses and wallet like it is for me. Under current circumstances, you are far better off than I am. :eek:

Dougster

I think that I will get up and go get a cup of coffee.;)

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 16