RUST PREVENTION on RTV900

milkman

Everything I hear about Fluid Film sounds good and was wondering if anyone has tried spraying the line when reloading a weedeater head to keep the line from sticking together? Might be the 10,002 use for Fluid Film, gotta get me some of that stuff.

DIXIEDOG

Thanks Dixie Dog

I ordered plenty I think for the time being. Also ordered an "OFFICIAL Fluid Film" spray gun. I needed an idea of what pressure you all were using. Saves me the experimentation

I've done quite a bit of experimenting and 40 gave me the best balance of coverage without making a big mess. I would suggest you spray outside and on gravel or grass if possible...you're going to get some dripping and overspray which will make a mess out of a garage floor.

kobe

I also had never heard of Fluid Film until introduced do it by members of this forum. I guess I have used it about a year or so now on anything that rusts or corrodes. Never found anything better. I uesd to own commercial fishing boats (Salt water) and rust and corrosion were a daily issue. Sure wish I would have had this product back then.
PS, best deal I found was Amazon with free shipping~~~~~

rapracing

Well, UPS brought me a box full of the stuff today. I checked the spray cans and it doesn't give a temperature range for application. I am going to assume that I should wait until it's at least above freezing.

kobe

Good question, I would think that much below freezing you would be lucky to get it to leave the can. That said, I use it all year round for most projects, but on the mower decks and my RTV it was applied in warmer weather. In the future, I am going to buy it by the gallon and use a spray gun in that it will be a lot less costly, and will be easier to apply and adapt to various surfaces~~~~

kobe

I reckon your right bczoom, never tried it when it was that cold. I guess if a sheep freezes it would have to be really, really cold~~~~~KOBE