RTV 06 Pics

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info.</P>

I can't see/read the details about "More Traction in Reverse Speed". What % is the change? Do you know if it's something that can be retrofitted to an earlier model?</P>

I'll also check out the Range Shift Assist mechanism when I see an '06 model. I assume this is a change to get past the history of some having difficulty shifting.</P>

I like that they've come out with accessories. The chainsaw kind of scares me. I don't like having a machine parked within falling distance of the tree.</P>

Brian</P>

G

if I remeber right I think its 17% more power in reverse. The extra lever is a preasure dump for the transmission. You don't always have to use it, just if you can't get the lever to move. I don't know a think about a retro-fit. This stuff is a long way off, they where not showing prototypes yet.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm very pleased to see and impressed that Kubota has address (and hopefully resolved) all the main flaws/issues (whatever you want to call them) with the new model.</P>

I do hope there's retrofit kits.People have sold their RTV's due to the reverse issue and the tranny issue was the issue that had the spotlight for a long time. BTW. It seems that the shifting issue has quieted down. Reverting to the old-style speed control coupled with a little break-in time, it's good to go.</P>

Brian</P>

Ricochet

Ah, I just saw this thread...great brochure images/info!</P>

I don't think there is any plans to provide the Range Shift Assist mechanism or lower reverse gearing as retrofit kits, since they are mainlyinternal changes to the transmission. BTW, I think the reverse power change is closer to 12% and a little slower in reverse due the reduced gearing.</P>

G

Any idea when the 06s will be available? I will be buying one but am waiting for the markII version. Bob H.

G

its a rolling production change so your not going to see new model numbers or anything. As a dealer I won't know if I am getting new or old RTV's until they show up on my lot.