Synthetic oil usage in Kubota RTV

G

I am a new owner and was wondering if anyone has any information about using synthetic oil in the RTV. I am thinking of Amsoil diesel oil.</P>

</P>

Thanks</P>

G

AMSOIL produces some of the best synthetic lubricants in the business. In fact, there are probably none better. However, one thing you should always keep in mind is to use the oil specifications recommended by the equipment manufacturer. Nobody is required to use any particular brand of oil regardless of what a dealer might tell you.</P>

The Kubotadiesel engines require any viscosity from 5W-20 to 15W-40 depending on outside air temperature. All of the Kubota diesels require an oil with at least a CD rating. All of the AMSOIL diesel oilshave a rating that exceeds the basic CDrating that Kubota requires, whether it be their single viscosity 30W diesel oil, their 15W40 Synthetic Diesel & Marine Oil, their 15W40 Synthetic Blend Gas & Diesel Oil, or theirSeries 3000 Synthetic Diesel Oil.Whatever you choose, you won't go wrong with the appropriate AMSOIL lubricant. You will also find that, with proper filtration, your oil-change intervals can be safely extended beyond the normal recommendations.</P>

As a matter of interest, if there was ever an equipment failure due to the use of anappropriate AMSOIL product in that machine, and it could be proved thatAMSOIL's product was at fault, theywould cover the costs which would be limited to: 1. Replacement of the lubricant or lubricating fluid, and 2. The cost of labor, materials and mechanical components required to remedy the damage done to the equipment in which the AMSOIL product was used. Hope this helps.</P>

keybal

Since everything I now own (BX22; RTV 900; JD 279; 8 KW emergency generator and about another dozen gasoline devices) are all out of warranty, I have decided to switch everything to synthetic oil. I am using Royal Purple Synthetic Oil for all of the equipment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></P>

I think that I am using 10W30 for the gas engines and 5w30 for the diesels. So far, after about a half dozen oil changes on different equipment - including the RTV - I haven't seen any problems.<o:p></o:p></P>

I went with the Royal Purple because of no particular reason. There is a high performance auto shop about a mile away that carries it at a reasonable price, so that helped make the decision.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>